Strange noise help!!

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
hey guys I've been having this really weird squeaking noise for sometime now coming from my front left tire/wheel/fender well area. It's a noise that speeds up and slows down with speed. But here's the thing that is sounding tricky to me. When I had it in the shop a while back I asked them to check it out for me and they said it wasn't coming from the rotors and that it was from the wheel well area. So that totally stumped me because I was just thinking my rotors were glazed. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated because this sound is getting super annoying.

SpeedRacerXX1

Established Member
mine is doing the same thing my car sat for 1 1/2 years and now it sounds like body creak, i push on the fender and it does it stand on door sill and bounce it does it i am going to try to do something with the body bushings that may be it just have to wait to get it back from the body shop...

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
well personally no I haven't, but the guys at the performance shop said they did, and it was coming from the suspension area but they couldn't place from exactly where.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would pop the hood and check yourself. You might find something that nobody else has. Worth a shot.

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
So wow I guess the shop I took it to is extremely retarded because today I figured I'd look at the strange noise from the left wheel area and in about a minute I found what was causing the noise. One of my anti-rattle clips on the brake caliper was missing. So 7 dollar later I have the caliper kit from napa and 20 minutes after the car was put on jacks it's done and the squeaking noise is gone hip hip hooray!

Users who are viewing this thread