Strange pet pics

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Exactly. That's what I was thinking when I saw the small one. I had a pet Painted turtle when I was a kid.
My son found a newly hatched florida softshell turtles a day before Irma hit.

We named her Irma and kept her about two months in his classroom.

We knew she would be huge eventually so my son and his class did a study of softshell turles and they released Irma at a pond near the school.

Bullshitisay said, I was a catcher when I wasn't pitching.

utlong31

Established Member
He’s a strange cat. Always playing with it.
He looks guilty.
988f787743e36454a4253e913bdb712c.jpg

7c16601b63b5db166c9b94332e743ee6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Exactly. That's what I was thinking when I saw the small one. I had a pet Painted turtle when I was a kid.

Me too. In fact my sister still has one she caught in her 20s. She's now 45. He is spoiled too, lives all alone in a 110 gallon tank.
We used to go out in our canoe and catch them when camping. Sometimes 20+ in a day. All of them crawling around the bottom of the canoe scratching at it. haha
I miss being a kid.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Speaking of turtles, we have a small stream that runs along the rear of our property. About a month ago I found the entire front mulched area of our home all torn up. I had no clue what or who did it. So I checked my front security camera and found that it was a female snapping turtle trying to find a suitable place to lay her eggs. The mulch is only about an inch and a half deep so I think she finally gave up. I raked around the dug up areas and found no eggs.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Speaking of turtles, we have a small stream that runs along the rear of our property. About a month ago I found the entire front mulched area of our home all torn up. I had no clue what or who did it. So I checked my front security camera and found that it was a female snapping turtle trying to find a suitable place to lay her eggs. The mulch is only about an inch and a half deep so I think she finally gave up. I raked around the dug up areas and found no eggs.
Snappers are creepy guys. The power of them chompers is incredible.

Me with a mop is like a frog riding a bicycle.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Is that your pond and did you buy the gators or are they native there? Either way it's awesome.

It's my pond (backyard), and they are native. They move around throughout the year, so there's not always one in there. If you don't feed them they won't typically hang around for long.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Snappers are creepy guys. The power of them chompers is incredible.

They sure are, Dale. There was a river behind our last house. There was a snapper that regular hung out in one spot. One time I grabbed a good size limb and stuck it near his mouth. He chopped down on it and snapped it. I always made sure I never got too close to that one. He was huge!

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I despise those green bastards! They always do major damage to my tomato crops! I'm assuming those are horn worms aka tobacco worms?

U.M.
Yes,
This are actually an aqua blue that my phone cant bring out the true colors.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Pups fighting. Poor Boxer will be lying down and the Pomeranian will commence full in assaults. No real biting but if you have seen dogs have fun it is this .

Then they lay down together with little pom snuggling close with her big buddy.
IMG_20180827_151109596_LL.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread