Strange rough running problem

perry2k12

Established Member
I'm having a strange rough running problem. I had it tuned about a month ago with the mods in my sig, has ran great since. Basically, it will run great 60% of the time, the other 40% it hesitates and misses... Idles rough. There is nothing that triggers it like boost etc. Totally random. The car seems to occasionally be starving for fuel...? Maybe spark...? I messed with the FRPS. The lines aren't full of fuel but idle doesn't change at all when I unplug it. I don't think that necessarily means anything. What are your guys thoughts?

BTW- today when it started I changed my fuel filter and filled up with a fresh tank of 94... No change.

perry2k12

Established Member
Have you checked spark plugs and gap?
When was the last time you did a plug change? Cheap and easy way to rule it out. Get you a set of tr6s.

They are BR7EF plugs gapped at .024. It has ran great until yesterday. Changed them about a month ago.

Anabolic

Banned
sounds to be gapped wayyy to tight brother, check them again!
i wouldnt doubt it you got one to hot it melted.

also for your referance (90%) misfire problems are plug/coil/wire related!

hope you figure it out

Last edited:

perry2k12

Established Member
sounds to be gapped wayyy to tight brother, check them again!
i wouldnt doubt it you got one to hot it melted.

also for your referance (90%) misfire problems are plug/coil/wire related!

hope you figure it out

Thanks for the advice man. I pulled all the plugs, cleaned them off, they all looked fine. Checked resistance on all the coils and they were fine. I didn't change the gap yet because my tuner was pretty stuck on running that gap. If the problem persists I will re-gap. It seems to be better so far.

Blaine@PSI

Established Member
Thanks for the advice man. I pulled all the plugs, cleaned them off, they all looked fine. Checked resistance on all the coils and they were fine. I didn't change the gap yet because my tuner was pretty stuck on running that gap. If the problem persists I will re-gap. It seems to be better so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread