Strange situation at my store.

Last

Established Member
Cliffs: A young delivery driver was followed, and almost attacked by a motorist.

One of my newer delivery drivers, female 18 years old, was on her third shift driving for me. In the afternoon (3:00pm) she was heading to a delivery, from the story she told me this is what happened:

After leaving the store and driving approximately 1 mile a motorist cut her off to get in the turning lane, she stopped behind them. The person was texting and did not move when the light turned green, so she honked at them. The motorist then proceeded to throw it in reverse to scare her. She was cautious, and tried to stay back, but her delivery wasn't far away anyways ( about a half mile from the intersection). She stays far from the motorist, delivered the pizza and headed back to the store. As she pulls out of the parking lot of the apartment complex, the motorist is now behind her, flipping her off and honking. This guy has lost it I guess, and he is in a brand new Subaru, my poor driver is in a hybrid civic, she tried to get away from him, but could not. She called the store crying because she was scared, she was at the light to turn back towards the store. She was told to call the police and head to the store as quickly as possible. As soon as she turned from the intersection the guy in the Subaru pulled in front of her, slammed on his brakes, got out of the car, kicked her fender, broke off her mirror, and went bat shit crazy yelling at the poor girl. An older couple pulled up beside him, and the man began to get out of the car. Then the crazy guy left, she didn't catch his license plate. The old couple thought it was a marital dispute. When she returned to the store, she was hysterical. She was sent home to recoup herself. The next day her and her father came in, decided it was best for her to find a job in retail, she was very shook up. I even offered to comp the repairs and keep her working there, since this is the kind of thing that could happen to anyone, anywhere, regardless of what your job was. They declined.

My big question is, if she freaked out and ran him over when he got out of the car, what would (if any) the charges be?

(The father decided to not even pursue this guy in any way, since he is crazy enough to do what he did, imagine if justice was brought upon him and he can know her name.)

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
She would have to be able to articulate that she was genuinely in fear for her life; it's just like shooting someone, a motor vehicle is considered a deadly weapon. There's not really a cut and dry response to this. So many factors come into play; did she have an avenue of retreat? His size related to hers? ETC ETC.

JesseSVTJames

Established Member
Im no officer... But my god!!! What a nut job, too bad there wasnt an officer near by and he proceeded to act that way! Good youtube taser anyone???

dogg502

Established Member
I dont know about the laws on that but I think it is such bullshit that people sit and watch that kind of shit go on and take nothing into there own hands cause there afraid, when that kind of crazy behavior happens I pray its when im around to put them pussys in there place.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Running the guy over is a use of deadly force. The girl would have to prove that she felt her life was in immediate danger based upon the whackos actions.

Last edited:

Last

Established Member
She would have to be able to articulate that she was genuinely in fear for her life; it's just like shooting someone, a motor vehicle is considered a deadly weapon. There's not really a cut and dry response to this. So many factors come into play; did she have an avenue of retreat? His size related to hers? ETC ETC.

From what she told me there was a truck behind her and he had stopped to where she could not move backwards, when the older couple stopped she was basically boxed in besides the sidewalk to her right, or squeeze between the crazy guys car and the older couples car (where he was standing).

This girl was 5'4" 115ish...dude was big enough I assume.

Side note: Girl was worthless at a description because she was so scared.

MIAdragon

Have you seen my stapler?
Established Member
If that were my daughter Id be making nightly cruises around the neighborhood to find and "talk" to this guy.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
What stopped her from reversing and driving around him as he parked?

There are too many what if's in this story to give a definite answer.

Last

Established Member
What stopped her from reversing and driving around him as he parked?

There are too many what if's in this story to give a definite answer.

There was a truck right behind her. Lets just say if her only avenue of escape was blocked by this crazy guy, and she took that route, running him over in the process. What would happen?

Kiohtee

Established Member
There was a truck right behind her. Lets just say if her only avenue of escape was blocked by this crazy guy, and she took that route, running him over in the process. What would happen?

Posts 2 and 5. Are you looking for a different answer? I don't know about badws6ta, but silver03svt is a Virginia State Trooper. It's a pretty safe bet that you can value his opinions.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member

I'm trying to figure out a few things here playing a bit of devil's advocate. If he blocked her path with his car, got out and then kicked her fender and broke her mirror, how exactly was her only means of escape to run him over? I'm looking at my car, if someone broke my mirror and is standing beside it, I couldn't run them over. Unless a civic hybrid has a zero turn radius like a lawn mower.

If the girl was in fear of her life and her means of escape was through/over him, then yes, It could be considered justifiable. But we all know there is no more certainty in the legal system, it is all up for debate.

Majck123

Established Member
This is exactly why I'm in pursuit of a CHL. Not necessarily saying I would use it but I'd certainly flash it at a guy like this.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
This is exactly why I'm in pursuit of a CHL. Not necessarily saying I would use it but I'd certainly flash it at a guy like this.

What's a CHL?

If it's a permit to carry a concealed weapon, be careful. A CCW should be used more along the lines if you are facing a potentially life threatening situation, not some (in the grand scope of things) minor vandalism. You may escalate it even further by doing so. Just like a badge alone doesn't resolve conflicts, a gun won't necessarily do much either. What are you going to do if he antagonizes you to shoot him? Keeps bashing your car? He walks towards you? It can get very ugly very fast. If you flash it, you better be 110% prepared to use it.

If a CHL is something else, then you can forget most of what was posted.

Last edited:

Majck123

Established Member
Yes a CHL, Concealed Handgun License, is what I'm referring to. If the guy was really that pissed to the point where he would antagonize me to shoot him I would have no problem stepping out of the vehicle and popping him in the knee. Although during this incident I probably would have been on the phone with a 911 operator the whole time stating that I do have a gun and would not be afraid to use it if he came at me.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

That is called brandishing which is a crime. If you reasonably feel your life is threatened or there is going to be significant bodily injury you are authorized to use the appropriate level of force. You are not authorized to threaten someone.

Yes a CHL, Concealed Handgun License, is what I'm referring to. If the guy was really that pissed to the point where he would antagonize me to shoot him I would have no problem stepping out of the vehicle and popping him in the knee. Although during this incident I probably would have been on the phone with a 911 operator the whole time stating that I do have a gun and would not be afraid to use it if he came at me.

Antagonize you to shoot him????

Pop him in the knee?

Wow, you really need to take a CCW/CHL class that teaches you the law and proper use and application of the license.

You clearly watch too much tv.

Oh nevermind, I just saw your age.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I'm trying to figure out a few things here playing a bit of devil's advocate. If he blocked her path with his car, got out and then kicked her fender and broke her mirror, how exactly was her only means of escape to run him over? I'm looking at my car, if someone broke my mirror and is standing beside it, I couldn't run them over. Unless a civic hybrid has a zero turn radius like a lawn mower.

If the girl was in fear of her life and her means of escape was through/over him, then yes, It could be considered justifiable. But we all know there is no more certainty in the legal system, it is all up for debate.

well, this is texas....but then again this just happens to be die hard liberal keep austin weird. i'd say she would stand a good chance of mowing his asss down with no consequences in most other texas locales, especially with the blue hair eye witnesses...but then again maybe not - lol

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member

Sooooo you want to go to jail for murder or attempted murder? Ok, I guess.:shrug:

slowgreycobra

Established Member
You need a CCW class. In MA it's considered menacing to show your weapon to someone even if they are acting like a jackass.

Users who are viewing this thread