Strangest food you have eaten?

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Lets see.... Calamari, pretty much any sushi i can get my hands on, ostrich, venison, frog legs, alligator, shark, eel and fruit bat. Thats what i can remember off the top of my head.. Havent had the chance to eat much other stuff, but im not scared to try stuff.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
frog legs and turtle, but they aren't really that odd. turtle is one of my all time favorite meats, OMG it is awesome! it has a taste that is very close to chicken, but on an entirely new level. chicken + epic + awesomeness = turtle. love it!

i tried octopuss at the local chinese buffet. it was cut into little slivers. kinda looked like white rubber or white eraser or something, certainly not food, lol. it didn't have any sort of taste what so ever. if there is anything on this earth that is literally tasteless, its octopuss. it wasn't gross at all till i tried chewing it, then i discovered that its just like trying to chew and swallow rubber. the consistency kinda made me nacious, but it wasn't really bad tasting, though certainly not good tasting either, lol.

Crazy Ray

Established Member
A friend of mine shot a mountain lion ( legally) and make some of the meat into jerky. Did not like it.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Filipino food is by far the strangest though, some of that stuff I wouldn't want to try in the least.

Haha... I'm Filipino and my WHOLE family doesn't eat Balut including me. I've seen my dad eat it one time though. You must have only seen one kind of Filipino food (Balut). TRUST ME there's A LOT your missing out on. My mom cooks some bomb ass food and you NEED to try some Lumpia because that's probably the most popular Filipino food that everyone knows about.:rockon:

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
I've had cow tongue (which wasn't bad actually) and I've had Alligator that my uncle brought down from Florida and it actually tasted pretty damn good. I'll pretty much eat anything, but f*ck insects!

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
By far strangest would be baby Camel. Big time delicacy in the Middle east. had it once, tasted like slimmy turkey. The goat and lamb were much better. Whole baby camel sat in the middle of the table on top of a big bed of rice. No utensils, use right hand only to form the rice and camel into a ball and start munching. Use your left hand and the Arabs get quite upset for obvious reasons....LOL

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
yeah calamari is delicious, so is octopus when it's cut into sushi...but this was a WHOLE octopus (head, tentacles, etc.) and i ate it in one bite...it wasn't that great :xpl:

I had grilled whole baby octopus at a little Italian place in or near Lynn Mass. - was freakin fantastic. I ate a whole plate of the cute little things.....

My grandmother used to make boiled cow tongue with horseradish sauce. I liked that as a kid -- haven't had it for 30 years probably.

I've had bear paw and turtle too

IveGotTheBlues

Yes..That is me
Established Member
Haha... I'm Filipino and my WHOLE family doesn't eat Balut including me. I've seen my dad eat it one time though. You must have only seen one kind of Filipino food (Balut). TRUST ME there's A LOT your missing out on. My mom cooks some bomb ass food and you NEED to try some Lumpia because that's probably the most popular Filipino food that everyone knows about.:rockon:

Mabuhay Pinoy! Nice to see other Filipinos on here as well. Filipino food is not as weird as Chinese. Just go to China for those who don't believe. There are a lot of similarities to Malay food and Spanish food because of the country's location and history.

The most popular amongst Americans is: Pancit, Lumpia, Sinigang, Adobo (Pork, Chicken, etc.), Longganisa and the BEST desert ever, Halo-Halo. For people squimish against Filipino good, just try some of these.

But as far as weird stuff, I've eaten ALOT of things, including my favorite, Dinuguan, which is basically a pork blood stew with entrails and meat. Balut is not that bad. Not all Filipinos eat Balut either. If Balut is too much for you to eat, I suggest eating a salted duck egg. They are little salty bits of heaven!

I've had alligator, horse, tripe, sea urchin, octopus, bison, ostrich, elk, boar, frog legs, Escargot, deer, rattlesnake, and 100 raw oysters in ONE sitting. :)

Users who are viewing this thread