Street Outlaws: No Prep Kings

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
"NHRA Divisional points race"... who cares? That doesn't interest me (or entertain me) much at all.

Whereas, the latest SO-Memphis was absolutely hilarious. :D 'Doughboy' (what a name, LOL) has his first street race. JJ arm wrestles a guy. They have a bunch of street races. I know, I know, it's stupid and all. But it's entertaining. And the SO-Memphis guys are racing full-frame cars that ANY of us here could build and drive, which makes it MUCH easier to relate to.

Anyway, that's JMHO, not trying to bust your chops or anyone else's about what's 'better'. The true beauty of our system is that we are all free to pick and choose.... :) Peace
Well stated, and I loved the show.

I'm still looking to find a contact for JJ. I know Jonathan Day can be reached somehow, I just can't find him.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SirShaun

Established Member
If one of you gentlemen know how to contact JJ, let me know. I have a friend that wants to put a race together.

No, I don't mess with Facebook, and don't plan on starting. No Instagram or other BS, with the exception of Twitter.

I wouldn't use Twitter, but a lot of my clients use it, and we don't have to deal with the ridiculousness of other social networks.

I know a lot of the 504 guys, probably JJ too, hang around on Yellow Bullet, or at least they used too.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I have raced NHRA. Granted, I raced on two wheels, and did a bit of bracket racing, but I have been there, done that, and was licensed to play the game.

The real stars of the NHRA are the Top Fuel and ProStock drivers. They are the heavy hitters. Most fans full the stands to see 300+mph cars, not the regular guys used to fill the weekend between Top Fuel races.

It could be a marketing thing. Sportsman NHRA aren't really well known and I cant name any. I can name at least 15 Street outlaws guys and their cars off the top of my head. Its recognition, and the outlaw, no prep world is winning the marketing war.

Discovery channel absolutely helped kick off the current surge of popularity, but its telling that while viewership and attendance of the NHRA is down, no prep events are seemingly packed to the gills to watch these guys

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
"NHRA Divisional points race"... who cares? That doesn't interest me (or entertain me) much at all. :p

Whereas, the latest SO-Memphis was absolutely hilarious. :D 'Doughboy' (what a name, LOL) has his first street race. JJ arm wrestles a guy. They have a bunch of street races. I know, I know, it's stupid and all. But it's entertaining. And the SO-Memphis guys are racing full-frame cars that ANY of us here could build and drive, which makes it MUCH easier to relate to.

Anyway, that's JMHO, not trying to bust your chops or anyone else's about what's 'better'. The true beauty of our system is that we are all free to pick and choose.... :) Peace

You missed the point, You claimed to relate to these "Regular hard working guys". My point is NHRA has thousands of "Regular hard working guys" Many with cars just as fast or faster. And like I said, many of those cars are 60-100K or more so no, not just "any" of us can build.
And as proven they aren't that easy to drive either.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
You missed the point, You claimed to relate to these "Regular hard working guys". My point is NHRA has thousands of "Regular hard working guys" Many with cars just as fast or faster. And like I said, many of those cars are 60-100K or more so no, not just "any" of us can build.
And as proven they aren't that easy to drive either.

I actually didn't miss the point. I get (and agree with) what you're saying. That's why I said we each have our choices. For many folks, it's simply easier (and far more entertaining IMHO) to relate to the SO guys. Perhaps this is due simply to clever marketing and promotion. Maybe if some of your NHRA "Regular hard working guys" had a dedicated TV show behind them, it would be different......... :)

Users who are viewing this thread