Street Race: My Son's Friend Almost Died

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I know this is gonna start a lot of shit between the street racers and those who bitch about street racers, but... I am all for a spirited drive, but my son's friend almost died after rolling his car 5 times at 115+ mph. The other driver either didn't GAF or wasn't paying attention and after the crash, left my son's friend for dead in a ditch... and so did the other person who they were attempting to drive around.

We were all going to dinner in multiple cars... VW does a fly-by at 120+ and Mr. WRX just had to prove he was faster.

Besides he almost killed himself and wrecked his car, it cost him his girlfriend, a job, and almost went to jail for 5 years, but the lucky MF'er got off on all charges due to a technicality. The case for the other driver is still pending.

Worst part... this dumb ass went out and bought anther WRX and is still racing on the streets... SMDH.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Why the hell did the other car cut in front of him?

I have no idea. He should have just slowed down... but young and dumb. Not a good combo.

And if I beat charges no way I would post a video on YouTube.

Edit looks like you posted his video on your YT account? Is that smart?

Considering this is the footage I got from the Commonwealth's Attorney, which was given to them by the County police (who arrested everyone and confiscated my dash cam, which he was using in the WRX) and it was already seen and used against him in court... I figure its not an issue.

Last edited:

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Watch the video closer. If you can tell he’s missing the car in front of him.

Pick your poison.

True... but my thought was he should have slowed down much sooner or taken up the right lane instead of slamming into the WRX. Pretty sure the kid in the VW just didn't look. Both were driving way above their skill set.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The VW was going to crash into the car in front. Tried braking and when that did not work the went around.

I have no idea. He should have just slowed down... but young and dumb. Not a good combo.

Considering this is the footage I got from the Commonwealth's Attorney, which was given to them by the County police (who arrested everyone and confiscated my dash cam, which he was using in the WRX) and it was already seen and used against him in court... I figure its not an issue.
Traveling too fast then leaving an accident they caused should have their asses in jail.
Watch the video closer. If you can tell he’s missing the car in front of him.

Pick your poison.
Yes, braking did not work swerved at last minute.
True... but my thought was he should have slowed down much sooner or taken up the right lane instead of slamming into the WRX. Pretty sure the kid in the VW just didn't look. Both were driving way above their skill set.
I’m very sure the vw was going to crash regardless. But both are at fault.

He lost his job, almost his life, girlfriend left him and he got off on the technicality? Is this your friends son or the vw driver? What was the technicality?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
He lost his job, almost his life, girlfriend left him and he got off on the technicality? Is this your friends son or the vw driver? What was the technicality?

The guy driving the VW is unknown to us. The kid who was in the WRX (the car the video is from) is friends with my son.

What I am about to type is what I was told, as I was not in the room when all of this took place. I was told this information by my son's friend (the one in the WRX). According to him, the technicality is multi-fold.

The police have pulled him over multiple times in the past, without citation as well as several citations, but those citations he was found innocent (I have first hand knowledge of some of those instances). The same officers and detectives that processed this crash case are the same officers and detectives he dealt with in the past. His lawyer showed a "pattern of bias" toward his client on behalf of law enforcement.

The dash cam, which was their primary evidence, was damaged in the crash and the investigators could not prove the device was calibrated at the time of the recording.

The crash scene investigator was only on the job for about 1 year. He only had 2 weeks of internal department training with no formal training in crash investigations or even advanced math skills. The investigator was incapable of answering even the most simple questions about how he made any determination of speed or liability.

In the end, based on past encounters and the testimony provided by the LEO's, his defense attorney provided the basis to believe that there was personal bias and extreme incompetence on behalf of the police, and it was just an accident.

Again, not first hand... just what I was told by him.

EDIT: He also said the Judge dismissed the charges "with prejudice". The reason his lost his job and GF is because we were all with him when he started racing (in other vehicles) and we know he's a ****-up, even though the judge tossed the case.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

Prob because he was doing the actual speed limit and not expecting some a-hole kid flying up on him at twice the speed limit.

Edit: NM, I thought the other car was an innocent civilian.

What a pair of assholes, sorry to the OP, but c'mon now.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member

The full story sounds pretty interesting. Post a long vid

Kevins89notch

Established Member

Did you watch the video? Seems pretty clear to me there was an average car in that lane, probably going 65, and has some asshole barreling down on him at 100+ So, that car had to either brake or change lanes. He changed lanes, thus clipping the car that was filming.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
The other driver either didn't GAF or wasn't paying attention and after the crash, left my son's friend for dead in a ditch... and so did the other person who they were attempting to drive around.

Wait. The two racers are assholes, but now you're pointing your finger somewhat at the dude who broke no law? He's just driving home from work or something and there's a crash in his rear view mirror. He has no duty to stop.

I watched some dude popping wheelies on the highway at 65mph a couple nights ago. I instantly though if he goes down I'm sure as hell not stopping. It was dinner time and I was hungry. Most people were braking and scared to pass him. **** that, I'm going home.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I watched some dude popping wheelies on the highway at 65mph a couple nights ago. I instantly though if he goes down I'm sure as hell not stopping. It was dinner time and I was hungry. Most people were braking and scared to pass him. **** that, I'm going home.

I encountered about 12 of those assholes on 93N coming out of Boston after visiting my father at Beth Israel Hospital.
They were filming, blocking all 3 lanes of traffic, rolling at about 45. I kept running up the back of them and freaking them out, honking the horn, flashing my lights etc. Then I started trying to squeeze in between a few of them.
When they realized I wasn't afraid to turn them into a series of large speed-bumps, they let me pass, but quickly blocked the lane again.

Assholes.
Do that shit at 3am, not 6pm when the interstate is loaded with innocent people.

Last edited:

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Wait. The two racers are assholes, but now you're pointing your finger somewhat at the dude who broke no law? He's just driving home from work or something and there's a crash in his rear view mirror. He has no duty to stop.

I think you are reading too far into what I wrote.

Also, in Virginia, there is statutory code to stop an render aid. If you know someone is hurt and you leave the seen, you can be held criminally liable. That is one of the charges against the VW owner, because he split too.

Users who are viewing this thread