Street Race: My Son's Friend Almost Died

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Wait... is there any blame for your son's friend who was driving "115+ mph" on the highway?

1. Not surprised the other street racer left the scene. Someone willing to drive "115+" in traffic, at night, and make stupid driving maneuvers like that like that isn't capable of rational decisions.
2. Definitely not surprised the bystander didn't stop. Seems like a great way to get involved (in a bad way) with people who make poor decisions. Also, do you want him to stop his car on the side of the highway at night, walk across 4+ lanes of traffic (at night) AND a grass median AND a grass / who knows what side of the road to offer help? Do you have any idea how little first aid most of the population actually knows? Call 911? Yes. Stop and "help?" Sorry, but no.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Man... why don't some if you get it? All 3 cars were involved. The VW hit 2 cars. Yes... they both should have stopped and made sure they guy who rolled 5 times is okay. Even the guy who wasn't racing.

The subject of the thread is don't street race. Video of my son's friend damn near getting killed is an example why... but some of y'all are all over the place. My head hurts just trying to keep up. LoL

Last edited:

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
a442ff9c20d00a7349c3d82d02687ba6.png

Pribilof

Established Member
Man... why don't some if you get it? All 3 cars were involved. The VW hit 2 cars. Yes... they both should have stopped and made sure they guy who rolled 5 times is okay. Even the guy who wasn't racing.

Do you want him to stop his car on the side of the highway at night, walk across 4+ lanes of traffic (at night) AND a grass median AND a grass / who knows what side of the road to offer help?

That's a recipe for causing additional accidents and likely letting himself killed by a car. Go stand on the side of a highway at night and see if you feel like walking across multiple lases and a median at night. He should have pulled to the side and called 911, IF he saw the rollover, which is doubtful.

If your message is "don't street race" then stop blaming the other victim. If you'd posted "Don't street race, my son's friend almost died by being a dumb-ass and here is the video:" would have been a better way to do it.

Edit: I've watched your video 10 times. It's not clear to me that the car travelling near the speed limit was even hit / nudged / clipped by the white VW. Most people driving are so oblivious to their surroundings it would not surprise me if he wasn't aware of any of this.

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Edit: I've watched your video 10 times. It's not clear to me that the car travelling near the speed limit was even hit / nudged / clipped by the white VW. Most people driving are so oblivious to their surroundings it would not surprise me if he wasn't aware of any of this.

Agreed. I even changed the YT setting to .5 play speed and watching it again, I would have bet money the 3rd car was never hit.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
stop blaming the other victim.

This right here.... Absolutely no where in an of my post have I even remotely hinted at the crash having anything to do with the bystander (guy not in the race) not once. Some of you are completely missing the point and putting words in my mouth. I had one sentence in the first post about how the person very obviously was aware of the crash and kept driving. That's it... one sentence that was filler for for post. Mostly to point out that if you **** up, you could die alone in a ditch.

A handful of you twisted nothing into something. Just not seeing it.

That's really the only thing that's bugging me.

As far as you guys not seeing it, I don't know what to say. Myself and 3 others that were not involved, but there, saw it happen real-time. Maybe that's why the first hit is so obvious to me and not you guys.

Edit-
If you'd posted "Don't street race, my son's friend almost died by being a dumb-ass and here is the video:" would have been a better way to do it.

That's what I thought I did and the results I was going for, but i wrote more than that because 1984 would have been a pretty boring book if there was one page and all it said was "Don't trust commies."

Last edited:

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
As far as you guys not seeing it, I don't know what to say. Myself and 3 others that were not involved, but there, saw it happen real-time. Maybe that's why the first hit is so obvious to me and not you guys.

I definitely missed the part in the first post about you being involved in the high speed activities. Muh bad.

Pribilof

Established Member
This right here.... Absolutely no where in an of my post have I even remotely hinted at the crash having anything to do with the bystander (guy not in the race) not once. Some of you are completely missing the point and putting words in my mouth. I had one sentence in the first post about how the person very obviously was aware of the crash and kept driving. That's it... one sentence that was filler for for post. Mostly to point out that if you **** up, you could die alone in a ditch.

A handful of you twisted nothing into something. Just not seeing it.

That's really the only thing that's bugging me.

Edit-

That's what I thought I did and the results I was going for, but i wrote more than that because 1984 would have been a pretty boring book if there was one page and all it said was "Don't trust commies."

Posts 20, 22, and 31 (all posted by YOU) seem to contradict this statement.

You're pretty clear that this person should have stopped, is a lowlife for not stopping and, in fact, committed a crime by not stopping (and were corrected by another poster that you misquoted / misinterpreted the law in question).

In other news, you're clearly not George Orwell.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
."

Did he hit him after he went off camera? Because it sure looks like he got around him cleanly on camera.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Posts 20, 22, and 31 (all posted by YOU) seem to contradict this statement.

You're pretty clear that this person should have stopped, is a lowlife for not stopping and, in fact, committed a crime by not stopping (and were corrected by another poster that you misquoted / misinterpreted the law in question).

In other news, you're clearly not George Orwell.

Now you're twisting my words. The other car had nothing to do with causing the crash... not that he was completely not involved. Jesus ****ing Christ.

Did he hit him after he went off camera? Because it sure looks like he got around him cleanly on camera.

On camera an instant before the nose of the WRX got clipped.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Everyone behaving? This is actually a thread you should not post, but that’s just my opinion.

While there is clearly some significant misunderstandings with regard to meaning and interpretation as well as differences of opinions, everyone seems to be being respectful. Unless someone has a different opinion on that... I think we are good.

And yes... I likely won't create another thread like this one. I wanted to encourage people to behave on the streets... but the meaning seems to have been lost at the risk of reputation. May not be worth the exposure.

In other news I think it shows the cops are too nice to him for letting him off with warnings time and time again.

Yep. It backfired for sure. This guy needs some jail time. I could tell you about another reckless crash he got away with too... but my brain can't deal with anything else about this in a public forum.

2012GT

Established Member
I know this is gonna start a lot of shit between the street racers and those who bitch about street racers, but... I am all for a spirited drive, but my son's friend almost died after rolling his car 5 times at 115+ mph. The other driver either didn't GAF or wasn't paying attention and after the crash, left my son's friend for dead in a ditch... and so did the other person who they were attempting to drive around.

We were all going to dinner in multiple cars... VW does a fly-by at 120+ and Mr. WRX just had to prove he was faster.

Besides he almost killed himself and wrecked his car, it cost him his girlfriend, a job, and almost went to jail for 5 years, but the lucky MF'er got off on all charges due to a technicality. The case for the other driver is still pending.

Worst part... this dumb ass went out and bought anther WRX and is still racing on the streets... SMDH.

Implied risk of racing. Like eating a foul ball to the dome at a Yankees game.

NA bolt on daily driver. Only 398 rwhp. She doesn't even make 400 to the tires and turns11.60s cutting a 1.60'. back to back to back whoooooo!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
All it takes is one of these instances to wipe out a family.

I love people with zero regard for anyone or anything other than their own entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread