strictly inlet for kb 2.2 fitment problems

-DUNNY-

Established Member
so i was able to pick up a strictly performance inlet for my kb 2.2 im about to put on my cobra. in the pic you see how the inlet hits the 90 degree fitting and doesnt allow the bolt holes in the back ground to line up.

i thought these inlets were made to bolt on a 2.2 kb?
that fitting in the pic is for boost is it not? (this is my first kb so excuse the dumb question) should i remove it and plug the whole? any suggestions

strictlyintake.gif

04SVTKB

Old Fart
Established Member
I will be very interested to hear the answer to this. I was on here looking to buy that inlet. Thank you for posting this!! I'm going to wait till there is a solution.

GodStang

Established Member
Pretty sure it was made for the 2.4L since there is not much value having it on a 2.2L unless you spin the piss out of it which will create to much heat and lose power. That being said I am pretty sure the 2.2, 2.4, 2.6, and 2.8 all use the same inlet. What did the previous owner have it mounted on? It should line up fine.

Yes it is for boost and no do not remove it. See if it will spin down more.

Last edited:

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Pretty sure it was made for the 2.4L since there is not much value having it on a 2.2L unless you spin the piss out of it which will create to much heat and lose power. That being said I am pretty sure the 2.2, 2.4, 2.6, and 2.8 all use the same inlet. What did the previous owner have it mounted on? It should line up fine.

Yes it is for boost and no do not remove it. See if it will spin down more.

+1 great answer.

Blown38

Established Member
The hole looks to be about .25" off. I don't think that fitting will screw down that far. You will probably have to plug it and tap the lower intake for a boost port.

Mystic03

Established Member
stock inlet is prob the most efficent inlet for the 2.2 ive researched big on aftermarket inlets for the 2.2 and just doesnt seem worth the time/money. slap a 20# on and call it a day

Users who are viewing this thread