Strictly Performance In Houston, TX

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
To me they are ok...not the best. They don't seem to treat me very well sometimes when I've been there. They just hurry up, get me done, and shooo me out of there or just plain ignore me. Whatever you do don't get there before 9:30 even if they say be there earlier. They won't. Last time I was there a guy got a ticket rushing over there...and they didn't even put his car on the dyno till closer to 10:30. But they are good in what they do...just have to deal with the little things that could make them a lot greater in my opinion. You'll see what I mean by the little things.

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
BigZach said:
Im taking my car down to Strictly for a retune very soon.
Same here. I am trying to wait to see if HBH is coming to Dallas but haven't heard anything in weeks.

EngCon

Established Member
Richard and the guys over at Strictly know there stuff - period! Can they be a little hard to deal with at times - sure but they are usually busy as hell. Once you are there is person they will take good car of you.

Jay

pecten man

Established Member
No problems here with SP, they did a great job with my KB install and tune.

Some of you boys get your feelings hurt a little too easy...
this ain't your momma's dinner table... :poke:

Just look Jerry in the eye and say goddamit answer my question and get the fxck off the phone.... :cuss:

Seriously, I believe the volume of their business speaks for itself, on my three visits I noticed several repeat customers.

I will be returning this spring for SP to install 60# injectors, 17psi pulley and updated tune.

Jason

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
Umm no. I have seen them mess a stock tune, so bad that the engine had to be rebuilt. Go to Houston Performance, Steve rocks!

:beer:

EngCon

Established Member
00 Aggie said:
Umm no. I have seen them mess a stock tune, so bad that the engine had to be rebuilt. Go to Houston Performance, Steve rocks!

:beer:
A stock tune on an 03/04Cobra highly highly unlikely!

Jay

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Sp

I will never go there again.....they over tightened my belt....(a brand new one....it shreaded on the way home.....trashed my hood blanket.....they would not take care of my repair......cussed me out on the phone for my inquiry into what they were going to do about it.

They are not customer friendly.

I know several others that had blown engines due to aggressive tunes.

It is unfortunate about his wreck....and it's ashame they are not passionate about their customers.....they could be world class...but they are not.

pecten man

Established Member
John Himsel said:
I will never go there again.....they over tightened my belt....(a brand new one....it shreaded on the way home.....trashed my hood blanket.....they would not take care of my repair......cussed me out on the phone for my inquiry into what they were going to do about it.

They are not customer friendly.

I know several others that had blown engines due to aggressive tunes.

It is unfortunate about his wreck....and it's ashame they are not passionate about their customers.....they could be world class...but they are not.

Sounds ugly, I am not having any problems with my 03, regarding the work they have done. I sent another 03 owner, whom I work with at Shell here in Houston, over to SP for a 2.8 pulley, idler, tune, aftermarket HE and tune. He is trouble free so far also...

Best advice for people looking to get work done by SP is to go there in person and speak with them in detail first, don't walk in and say I want this done and walkout, that's a recipe for trouble.

Before I had the KB put on I had a 2.8 pulley and tune completed by SP, the belt only lasted 3 weeks - I was getting on it pretty hard I must admit. I paid $50 and they replaced the belt in 20 minutes. I suspect the belt was too tight also.

One last thing - I told them I wanted a semi conservative tune, did not want to push the envelope.

L3thal 324

Established Member
What i noticed about Strictly is that unless you buy everything from them they treat you like crap. If you go in there just for a tune and thats it.... they just dont give a shit really. i have experienced it first hand.

03Silver10th

Established Member
From what I am hearing is that they basically know their $hit, but could use a little polishing. Is there anyone else in the San Antonio/Austin/Houston area that anyone would consider taking their car to for a pulley swap/tune?

Last edited:

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
03Silver10th said:
From what I am hearing is that they basically know their $hit, but could use a little polishing. Is there anyone else in the San Antonio/Austin/Houston area that anyone would consider taking their car to for a pulley swap/tune?

steve over at houston performance. he has done a bunch of KB's from what i understand...he did all of the tuning on my old Cobra and did a good/conservative tune.

MTI LS1

03Silver10th said:

You can take it to Murrilo in San Antonio. He is a great tuner. Builds some of the fastest street/race Mustangs in the country.

Users who are viewing this thread