Strictly Performance In Houston, TX

Ad Wizard

Love+Peace+BikeGrease
Established Member
sbc.cobra said:
steve over at houston performance. he has done a bunch of KB's from what i understand...he did all of the tuning on my old Cobra and did a good/conservative tune.

I'm very happy with my Houston Performance experience. I just wish there was a well known/respected tuner here in Austin.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i was gonna say his name because i've heard a lot of good things about him. you beat me to it tho!
BigZach said:
You can take it to Murrilo in San Antonio. He is a great tuner. Builds some of the fastest street/race Mustangs in the country.

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
03silversnake said:
What i noticed about Strictly is that unless you buy everything from them they treat you like crap. If you go in there just for a tune and thats it.... they just dont give a shit really. i have experienced it first hand.

I just went in for a tune and they didn't treat me like crap. I had to wait a whille because there was a guy there waiting on his KB car to be tuned. I can appreciate that, I mean if I just dropped that kinda coin I'd want my tune to be dead on as well. Anyhow, after they tuned my car Jerry actually cut me a break on the price so he earned my future business. Just my .02.

03Silver10th

Established Member
I've had problems with Texas Jam aka Mike Murillo's shop in the past on mods done on my 98 Cobra. Some time ago there was a sonic blue vert with a KB installed by him that blew the engine at the dragstrip. I just talked with Steve at Houston Performance - nice guy and seems competent.

MTI LS1

If you want a really good custom tune, you should come up to Dallas for our tuning session. Horsepower by Hermann is coming to do a tuning session for about 15 cars. It would be well worth the drive.

Check the regional forums.

lwantSonicBlue

03Silver10th said:
Anyone had experience with their work (tuning specifically)? Do they have a good reputation? They claim to have the fastest 03 Cobra to date.
Here is their website:

www.strictlypro.com

I have been there many times and I would not go anywhere else. They are very busy all day. When I am there to phone never stops ringing and people walk-in also. If you are lacking patients or have an uptight attitude then you might not like it there. I have never been there and seen the guys standing around bs-ing they work all day and race all the time all over the country. The staff is small for the amount of business they handle. Some advice though:

1. Don't be afraid to say what you want because it is your car.
2. Tell him what you don't want be specific.

I have heard of some complaints on different boards but they have done nothing but great work for me and everyone I personally know that has taken their car there. If you want to know more you can pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread