Stripe removal

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
I've had my GT500 over a year now and I keep thinking I need to remove the "over the top" stripes. My car is white w/blue stripes...Id keep the side stripes. The reason I keep thinking this way is that Iam 46yrs old and the stripes look like they should be on a 26yrs old's car help me decide what to do. Id like some feedback from some owners of similar age..but all feedback is welcome. thanks :shrug:

Blaine

Established Member
There are a few threads with the stripe deletes. A few colors look great without the stripes. I changed my hood to a KR style hood, and I felt the stripes were TOO much so I took them off. I'll never look back.

Still waiting on my wheels... once they come in I'll post up some new pictures.

2ed5pp1.jpg

Mikey org gt500

Established Member
I would love to take off the stickers... But my car has been outside since new. I can't see the paint being the same color

Red10thcv

Established Member
I guess "I'm just crazy young."

Well for being 57 year old, I love the look of a Shelby with the stripes!
And if my buddy would sell me his '67, I would keep those stripes on also!!
But in the end do what you like!!! Hum, who would put red stripes on a Sonic Blue '03 Cobra, oh yea that was me!!!

barstoolman

Established Member
I'm 56 and have the same Performance White/Vista Blue stripes car as the the thread starter. Quite frankly, for me, the car just wouldn't be a Shelby without those stripes. Those stripes take me right back to my teenage years.......driving and seeing all those fabulous muscle cars in all their wild colors and even wilder designs. I'm not saying the car doesn't look good as a stripe delete vehicle, I'm just saying it doesn't sing Shelby to me.

Blaine

Established Member
Here is my before/after pics. Some pictures are older than others.

Before:

ff1slh.jpg

After:

2hqgvh3.jpg

Before Side:

2hxa5ns.jpg

After Side:

2hn70c2.jpg

Before Rear:

2hfthme.jpg

After Rear:

2zzn9s3.jpg

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
I need more pics of stock stripe delete. Ive always beleived that less is more. Ive always liked my cars to look like less than it is...you know the sleeper look. Like I would never put cobra emblems on a car that was'nt a cobra.

Last edited:

chimazo

Established Member
I'm torn between the stripe/no stripe look myself (just a little younger than the OP).
The previous owner of my Viper had stripes put on that I removed because the "boy-racer" thing.

On the other hand, the stripes sort of "make" the GT500, so for now I'm keeping them, plus the silver stripes aren't common and a replacement kit isn't cheap.

Tough call.

Blaine

Established Member
I'm torn between the stripe/no stripe look myself (just a little younger than the OP).
The previous owner of my Viper had stripes put on that I removed because the "boy-racer" thing.

On the other hand, the stripes sort of "make" the GT500, so for now I'm keeping them, plus the silver stripes aren't common and a replacement kit isn't cheap.

Tough call.

I only took mine off because of the hood. Be sure you want NO STRIPES before you take them off... ONCE you take them off... its BIG $$ to get them back correctly.

Also be aware that the factory stripe colors love to FADE about 10X quicker than the paint. So if you buy the matching color from FORD you may be surprised on the difference. Look at my video below of my car with a new HOOD STRIPEs from Ford. -No Match- Before I went out and bought an Entire new stripe kit I decided to try it with NO stripes.. Liked it so I stayed that way.:beer:http://tinypic.com/m/2kr8lv/4]View My Video

Last edited:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Well for being 57 year old, I love the look of a Shelby with the stripes!
And if my buddy would sell me his '67, I would keep those stripes on also!!
But in the end do what you like!!! Hum, who would put red stripes on a Sonic Blue '03 Cobra, oh yea that was me!!!

Make that 2 for being 57 and liking the strips.

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
Eh, I like these cars with their stripes. In my mind, they have earned the privilege to have stripes. I view the stripes as almost like an elite status for cars in the sense that they are the top of the food chain. I would never put one on my car, even currently on my Cobra... until it makes more power maybe.

But meh, I'm 19, I shouldn't be posting in this thread with my opinion.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
andrewrj, I like your car but i think if I did it I would keep the side stripes. I don't know what to do.... I think iam more undecided now than before I posted this.:shrug::dw::cuss:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread