Stripe removal

Blaine

Established Member
Eh, I like these cars with their stripes. In my mind, they have earned the privilege to have stripes. I view the stripes as almost like an elite status for cars in the sense that they are the top of the food chain. I would never put one on my car, even currently on my Cobra... until it makes more power maybe.

But meh, I'm 19, I shouldn't be posting in this thread with my opinion.

Actually the most "Elite" cars have NO Stripes. Stripes HIDE the PERFECT body contours of a PERFECT CAR.

Bugatti Veyron 16.4
Saleen S7
Ultima GTR
SSC Ultimate Aero TT
Ferrari Enzo
Lamborghini (all of em)
Corvette ZR1
Porsche (all of em)

The stripes on the GT500 are used since the old Shelby GT500's had them. Also, unless you paint the stripes on, expect your stripes to start fading/peeling after a few years of daily use. I had a chunk of my side stripe come off at a manual car wash. If you are daring enough to use a auto car wash you can expect them to come off even sooner. If you have stripes, HAND WASH your cars...

Last edited:

Red10thcv

Established Member
Shelby Tradition.

If you like the stripe delete, then go for it. But for me it's the true tradition of being a "SHELBY" as in the '60s. Coupes had stripes and Convertibles didn't. Boss 302 had stripes with blackout treatment and Boss 429 didn't. I'll bet you get more compliments with the stripes than without. Hey buddy "Is that your GT with the Shelby kit?" Nice!

Blaine

Established Member
Got a picture of my car stock except lowering springs in my sig and then here is one with the new wheels.

100_4232.jpg

That looks really clean. Esp. with the black wheels.

ls1eater

Established Member
Actually the most "Elite" cars have NO Stripes. Stripes HIDE the PERFECT body contours of a PERFECT CAR.

Bugatti Veyron 16.4
Saleen S7
Ultima GTR
SSC Ultimate Aero TT
Ferrari Enzo
Lamborghini (all of em)
Corvette ZR1
Porsche (all of em)

The stripes on the GT500 are used since the old Shelby GT500's had them. Also, unless you paint the stripes on, expect your stripes to start fading/peeling after a few years of daily use. I had a chunk of my side stripe come off at a manual car wash. If you are daring enough to use a auto car wash you can expect them to come off even sooner. If you have stripes, HAND WASH your cars...

lol a little different since our comparing a gt500 to supercars......

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Hey buddy "Is that your GT with the Shelby kit?" Nice![/QUOTE]

I DID'NT REALLY THINK OF THIS HAPPENING....BUT IT PROBIBLY WILL. THANKS

fullboogie

Established Member
I went the opposite direction, OP. I deleted the side stripes because they look like the ones on every six cylinder out there, but kept the center stripes.

sKDPTf0.jpg

mikes35

Established Member
If you had 2 Shelby's you could have one with stripes and one without, problem solved!

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
To each his own. I ordered mine without stripes. If you can't tell it's a Shelby, it's your problem. Too many six bangers running around with stipes anyway.

bd5a9d94-9797-4f3d-a9ad-9503388e8f30_zpsmf1xjtl4.jpg

mikes35

Established Member
Ha, I didn't catch that. Aleast people are using the Search function....

Users who are viewing this thread