Stripe thoughts and opinions...

Amazin1

Established Member
so, my 2012 is a performance pack car with the skinny stripes. I love the super snake stripes but my car is 1 of 55 in this combination and i hate to change it because of that. Just wanted everyone's opinion on keep it true or change it up...My car and super snake for comparisons sake. and my car would have red stripes...

12733592_609288649219194_7049494275457535845_n_zpsf1idcu6n.jpg

1_performance-white-super-snake_zps1ywddawo.jpg

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Keep yours th e way it is....that's damn sharp...and I'm not a stripe fan lol

Edit. Throw up a few more pics of your car!

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I was not a fan of the svtpp thin stripes when I got my 2012 GT500, so I pulled them off and had custom wide stripes with pinstripe edges added.
I loved the way it looked after the new stripes were added, so it was worth it to me.

If you really love the looks of the Supersnake stripes, then I say get them.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Not really a fan of the skinny stripes. I LOVE the Super Snake stripes, but since yours is a 1 of 55, I say keep it the way it is. I "assume" you're not really enjoying the skinny stripes any more?
Car looks great by the way!

Amazin1

Established Member
Right there with you tones...not a fan of the skinny stripes at all. I also LOVE the super snake stripes, but being 1 of 55 makes it a hard sell for me to change them. And thanks for the compliment on the car...i'm loving it.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
This is SVTP so...I didn't see any stripes or a car for that matter. Moar pics of the womens or GTFO!

On the real though. I don't know all the options on a GT500, but is that a glass roof? If so I would leave it be.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I normally do not like thin stripes, but that looks good. I say leave it unless you really like the one big center stripe more.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Here is a rough photochop of what it would look like with the Supersnake stripes:

Gy3M40e.png

Last edited:

Amazin1

Established Member
This is SVTP so...I didn't see any stripes or a car for that matter. Moar pics of the womens or GTFO!

On the real though. I don't know all the options on a GT500, but is that a glass roof? If so I would leave it be.

It is a glass roof ss...part of why it makes my decision so hard.

4barrel

Established Member
Can you have a vinyl Super Snake stripe cut and applied over top of the skinny stripes, and then peel the Super Snake stripe off sometime down the road?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I never cared for the skinny stripes, & had no use for the $ 3500 package they were part of.
They were a 2 year only run, to me they make the car look dated.
The SS stripes look odd to me with the stock hood & heat extractor..
My friend's " 1 of 13 " 2011.
christmas2010180.jpg

Last edited:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Do whatever you want, it doesn't matter. It seems everyone these days has to say "its 1 of X". In almost all cases it doesn't matter... the rare exception being that someone might be turned off to buying it used from you when they realize you changed something... but in reality, it is just a sticker anyway, and that is going to be the vast minority of buyers. If it were paint it would be more permanent. That sticker will probably look like hell in some years anyway.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am with ssj4sadie. All I see is a women. If I had a GT500 I would not want skinny stripes. Love the Super Snake Stripes. The important thing is it your car, do whatever you like and the hell with everyone else.

coposrv

Established Member
Can you get a set of stripes from the dealer? If you're worried about keeping it stock pick up a second set. Put them away and mod as you want. I personally like the stripe delete.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Can you get a set of stripes from the dealer? If you're worried about keeping it stock pick up a second set. Put them away and mod as you want. I personally like the stripe delete.

I prefer the stripe delete as well. If you really want to change them, but a factory replacement set from the dealer and squirrel them away until you plan on selling the car.

Users who are viewing this thread