Stripped snout threads

True_stang

Banned
find a pump style pulley-press, do not use a heli-coil....you will more than likely break a thread tap in the snout if you use a heli-coil, then you are really screwed.

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
Same thing happen to me and I thought I was so screwed. I took it to the local performance place that does all mustang work and they were able to re-tap the threads on the snout and then they used their pulley tool to push it on the rest of the way. If its really bad and unable to be repaired, call somone like Rick at Amazon Racing and he can ship you and new snout.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Justicem
Same thing happen to me and I thought I was so screwed. I took it to the local performance place that does all mustang work and they were able to re-tap the threads on the snout and then they used their pulley tool to push it on the rest of the way. If its really bad and unable to be repaired, call somone like Rick at Amazon Racing and he can ship you and new snout.
Great advice! ;-)

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
85 bucks, the guys did great. This was at springfield motorsports in virginia.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
How badly are the threads stripped? If not too bad, why not just pick up a tap at sears or something and do it yourself? Its not a tough process, just take it very slow.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Any machine shop should be able to do it if your locol speed shop can't, just be careful some of those guys can do wonders working metal but can be careless when it comes to finished stuff(paint, sheetmetal)good luck:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread