Stroker is done!

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
drkchk03svt said:
Jerry, I already know most people up north that have high HP numbers have 23+ in timing. That has nothing to do with my setup. The problem I am experiencing is the loss of boost and the loss of power with it ported. I should have more boost with the 2.93 and 4lb lower. I had a 2.8 and 4lb lower and still only saw 16lbs with the port. That is the same amount I saw with only a 2.8 and no port.

2.8 (16 lbs of boost) non ported eaton - 464rwhp/480rwtq
Ported with 2.93 and 4lb lower ( 15lbs ) - 468.8 rwhp / 473.5 rwtq / 75 degrees outside or something like that (I forget the exact temp)!

New numbers (302 stroker, port, 2.93 and 4lb lower with 15lbs still) - 496.7 / 497.1 / 94 degrees outside temp! Too damn hot!

All with the same timing. Obviously I know I can gain more by adding 3-4 more degrees of timing but it will not last IMO. Flat out my blower did not show the gains it should with the port. I am glad to hear from you and your experience though.

Thanks,

Will
I didnt gain much with my port either........steig.
They blame it on everything except the port???
Im going to tighten the belt as they say move some idlers around on the lower and such and see if it will hold the 16.5 lbs of boost its supposed to.Starts 16.5 and falls to 15.5..........funny thing is Broke doesnt even run a aux idler and his keeps boost all the way to redline???

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
drkchk03svt said:
The problem I am experiencing is the loss of boost and the loss of power with it ported. I should have more boost with the 2.93 and 4lb lower. I had a 2.8 and 4lb lower and still only saw 16lbs with the port. That is the same amount I saw with only a 2.8 and no port.

2.8 (16 lbs of boost) non ported eaton - 464rwhp/480rwtq
Ported with 2.93 and 4lb lower ( 15lbs ) - 468.8 rwhp / 473.5 rwtq / 75 degrees outside or something like that (I forget the exact temp)!

New numbers (302 stroker, port, 2.93 and 4lb lower with 15lbs still) - 496.7 / 497.1 / 94 degrees outside temp! Too damn hot!

All with the same timing. Obviously I know I can gain more by adding 3-4 more degrees of timing but it will not last IMO. Flat out my blower did not show the gains it should with the port. I am glad to hear from you and your experience though.

Thanks,

Will

With more cubes you didn't expect more boost right? If anything it should drop. Something certainly doesn't seem right, dunno what but since I'm an upper only guy I'll share what I think based on what I'm comfortable with: you are spinning the heck out of that blower. If it were me, I'd stop trying to spin it so hard and depend on the cubes for your torque, run a 2.80 upper only, and add back in timing we know works, knowing that your IAT2 won't be so darn hot overspinning it w/ that lower and small upper combo. You'll have the big HP number and your torque will still be near 500lb/ft SAE given those cubes.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Jerryk said:
With more cubes you didn't expect more boost right? If anything it should drop. Something certainly doesn't seem right, dunno what but since I'm an upper only guy I'll share what I think based on what I'm comfortable with: you are spinning the heck out of that blower. If it were me, I'd stop trying to spin it so hard and depend on the cubes for your torque, run a 2.80 upper only, and add back in timing we know works, knowing that your IAT2 won't be so darn hot overspinning it w/ that lower and small upper combo. You'll have the big HP number and your torque will still be near 500lb/ft SAE given those cubes.

I am extremely happy with the outcome. The sole purpose of this thread is to inform people that were patiently waiting to see my numbers after the stroker. My eaton is maxed. Yes I could squeeze some more out of it with more timing. I rather keep it safe and either add a 100 shot or a whipple. If I add either my car is going to scream!!!!!!!! My temps are great due to all my cooling mods. It sits around 185 degrees. Thank you guys for your imput. Good luck with your cars!

Will

drkchk03svt

Established Member
vetkilr said:
I didnt gain much with my port either........steig.
They blame it on everything except the port???
Im going to tighten the belt as they say move some idlers around on the lower and such and see if it will hold the 16.5 lbs of boost its supposed to.Starts 16.5 and falls to 15.5..........funny thing is Broke doesnt even run a aux idler and his keeps boost all the way to redline???

My belt cant get any tighter. I have all 4 iders and Dougs new upper bracket. I see 15 and it drops to 14 up top. That is is no bueno. I know with more displacement with my stroker you will loose boost usually. BUT it was the same before the stroker. Good luck withy your car and let me know if you figure out something.

Will

drkchk03svt

Established Member
foofinator said:
HPP tuned my car with 19 or 20 degrees and I lost to a 2.93 car. I switched to a RWTD tune with 23 degrees and put the hurting on that same 2.93! HPP does do really safe tunes though, I think at your power level I'd just be happy :D. Sick car man.

I am sorry man but this is killing me so I have to ask. HOW in the HELL did you come up FOOFINATOR?

Thanks,

Will

drkchk03svt

Established Member
adamb258 said:
FOO FOO = GAY

So hes a GAY TERMINATOR!!!!!!!!

Oh ok! That is what I thought but I did not want to say anything. I have only met him twice so I did not know he was gay.

Will

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Long story, but no, despite adam's deepest desires, I'm not gay.

Just a chatroom name from a long long time ago.

Adam, I hate you.

dynobobstieg

drkchk03svt said:
I am sure that may help but if I remove this blower any time soon it will not be for another port job! ;-) Unless they decide to send me a core and I send them this one. I highly doubt that will happen.

Thanks,

Will

First off it would help if you called and talked to Bob. 636-949-2275
Second you have a Stage II???

Send your Blower back NO PROBLEM! We KNOW the Blower Port is GOOD!

Bob Stiegemeier

drkchk03svt

Established Member
foofinator said:
Long story, but no, despite adam's deepest desires, I'm not gay.

Just a chatroom name from a long long time ago.

Adam, I hate you.

Cool! I figured it was something.

Will

drkchk03svt

Established Member
RaeLyn said:
First off it would help if you called and talked to Bob. 636-949-2275
Second you have a Stage II???

Send your Blower back NO PROBLEM! We KNOW the Blower Port is GOOD!

Bob Stiegemeier

I have talked to you Bob. It was back in April when I talked to you. After looking up my information you discovered it is a stage 2. I got it done in September when Apten was having the GP. Yes you did the port and you shipped it back to me with your card in it. It was before you and Apten went your serperate ways. I will give you another call though.

Thanks,

Will

dynobobstieg

drkchk03svt said:
I have talked to you Bob. It was back in April when I talked to you. After looking up my information you discovered it is a stage 2. I got it done in September when Apten was having the GP. Yes you did the port and you shipped it back to me with your card in it. It was before you and Apten went your serperate ways. I will give you another call though.

Thanks,

Will

I am not saying it is Not a Stiegemeier Port.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Stiegemeier said:
I am not saying it is Not a Stiegemeier Port.

For some reason Bob took offense to my post. The purpose of this thread has nothing to do with his work. I am sure you are a very talented at porting. I am just not seeing any results with my car. The fact that I have a JLT CAI has nothing to do with my power loss. I am sorry. I will argue with you till the grave on that. JLT makes an awesome product and I have seen it gain with my car and especially with whipples! The fact that it might be the MAF. Thats possible. I just ordered a new JLT setup that moves the MAF back up in the engine bay, I will see how that works with a new tune. I will do some more data logging on that. But your attitude sux balls. There was no reason to be rude to me on the phone.

Will

Last edited:

drkchk03svt

Established Member
I went home and thought more about my conversation with Bob Steig.... I have probably sold 10-15 of his kits. I have said nothing but good things about the blowers. I have seen on average great results. I have tried just about everything to get the power I wanted or read about on my car. I have tried every upper and lower combo almost. I have tried stock maf with mjchip. I have tried the SCT MAF. I have had probably 15 different tunes. Including ones from Modular Depot/Apten, HPP, Speedworks, and finally I started with the most recent base file from SCT. We have had some of the best tuners working on it. THE LAST THING I WANTED TO THINK WAS, HEY IT MIGHT BE A PROBLEM WITH MY BLOWER/PORT. Then I call Bob back in April while tuning (when I had a 2.8 and 4lb lower, stock MAF with xtender, stock block, JLT) Back then he was really nice and tried to help. Since then we have tried everything we could think of.

Now I am back to this post. All I was doing was stating I am having problems with my setup and not seeing the gains I am expecting. I did not start the post with this sux that sux bla bla bla. I just posted my experience and tried to explain why my numbers have always been lower since I installed my Apten/Steig port and I cant figure out why.

Then you Bob ask me to call you yesterday and I was expecting a nice, great, mature coversation and you acted like a two year old. I am 29 years old and I do not know everything and yes I have been fixing up cars since I was old enough to know better. But I am always wanting to learn more and help others. In the 15 years I dealt with 100's of shop owners and you were my first horrible experience yesterday. I could not believe it. I just sat there and let you bitch and moan and cry. I was so shocked I did not even respond. I let you rave and tried to let you calm down. KB and Whipples come out with problems from the factory. Its called mistakes. I dont know if something is wrong with my blower. I was just stating it is a possibility.

End of story.

Will

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread