Strongly needed opinion

03RedfireGT

Love FORD but got a HONDA
Established Member
I have these wheels on my car...

I was wondering, if I was careful enough, if it would be possible to use whatever it is everybody uses on the insides of their wheels to give the offset on mine a shinny finish? If it is possible what would be the best and safest product to use?

03RedfireGT

Love FORD but got a HONDA
Established Member
I am talking about the stuff that will make the dull aluminum finish a shinny chrome finish. I have seen it talked about on this site before, but like I said people usually use it to make the inside dull part of their wheels shine like the outside. I was just wondering if it was safe to use so close to the black part of my wheel. I want to make the offset actually have a like a mirror shine. Thanks though Metikal.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're definitely going to have to have those areas polished. I'd use a professional if you haven't done it before. Not that you can't do it yourself, but it is time consuming and you probably don't have the right equipment and tools. Then clear coat the polished finish. Now considering all of this, you might just be better off selling these wheels and buying a similar set with the inner rim already polished. I don't know any off the top of my head, but you might want to look around before you go to the time and expense to polish what you have. JMO.

SVT04

Established Member
If your wheels are in good condition with a smooth surface you can polish them yourself using an abrasive metal polish like Mothers Mag wheel and aluminum polish. It will take some elbow grease or you can use a powerball made by Mothers on a drill.
It will end up to be a lot of work but Mothers works well.
If you do get them polished up to a mirror shine then you can protect it with a product called Zoop seal. It will protect the shine and keep it from oxidizing for several years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread