Strut bars for 2012 GT?

ArabianOak

Established Member
my stang is the base model and did not come with a front stut bar...i seen in some pics that some stangs have em...are they worth getting? Do they bolt on nice and easy? anyone take there's off and wanna sell me there old one?

thanks

Scotty_5.0

Established Member
my stang is the base model and did not come with a front stut bar...i seen in some pics that some stangs have em...are they worth getting? Do they bolt on nice and easy? anyone take there's off and wanna sell me there old one?

thanks
+1 on that. i'm right there with you. i'm sure there's gotta be some of these guys on here that went with a BOSS intake manifold that may want to sell their factory strut tower brace to us Base model guys.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
they are worth getting if you like the look, but they don't add any kind of actual chassis stiffening/rigidity. a couple things to think about; most strut tower braces will actually bend under your weight if you put it on the ground and stand on it, and the factory pieces for the 'stang attach with only 2 bolts at each end effectively creating a hinge point. there was a measured test done by someone at c-c.com confirming that an STB just isn't needed.

Scotty_5.0

Established Member
they are worth getting if you like the look, but they don't add any kind of actual chassis stiffening/rigidity. a couple things to think about; most strut tower braces will actually bend under your weight if you put it on the ground and stand on it, and the factory pieces for the 'stang attach with only 2 bolts at each end effectively creating a hinge point. there was a measured test done by someone at c-c.com confirming that an STB just isn't needed.

great info, thanks for the heads up

Fast Willy

Established Member
They are def worth getting if its a high quality piece. The factory one wont do you really any good. If you can find one that surrounds the strut tower and bolts to all 3 bolt holes, is made of high quality thick metal and doesnt use some kind of bolt system in between then you will be just find. The BMR one appears to be decent but I just wish it would bolt around the strut tower all the way.

kriegerehre

Established Member
Just checked the BMR website. It doesn't show a strut tower brace for the 2011+ Mustangs. The stock ones aren't worth anything except makes the engine bay look nice. Personally, I'd look at this one. It bolts over the entire strut tower. 4 bolts on each side.

Black Mustang Strut Tower Brace (05-10 V6, GT) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

BMR infact makes one for the 2011+ Mustangs, it's the same exact one they use for the 05-09 mustangs. I just purchased one for mine and it fits perfectly I love it!

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread