Strut Tower Brace

Silver04Snake

Established Member
Are these necessary for our cars, who has them and what kind do you have? I have a two point one and it barely clears the supercharger. I was wondering how close most of them are to the supercharger. I think I'm getting some vibrations from the supercharger when I'm at boost, not sure if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
I have the Maximum Motorsports one that attaches to the towers and the firewall. Testing has shown that the towers on Stangs to move relative to one another if you don't have a tower brace. Mine doesn't look close enough to the blower to ever touch it.

Silver04Snake

Established Member
I would like to get a 3 point brace but drilling into the wheel wells was stressful enough, not sure if I could drill into the firewall. I took the brace off tonight to see if I get the same vibrations tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it was hitting the eaton because there is only about the width of a credit card between the brace and the supercharger. Sounds like the MM have more clearance, is this correct? Are we talking an inch or something less?

04Venom

Established Member
vin2you said:
for you with the m/m 4 point stb, do you feel it helped with stiffening the cowl area?

Definitely. It also clears the Eaton nicely. I paid someone to do the install, because I was a little unsure of drilling into the firewall.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The shock tower brace will be more relevent with coil-overs since they move the load to the shock towers. They will also triangulate the stucture in the engine compartment which will reduce chassis twist. Definatly worth having them regardless.

I think the MM units are the best. I plan on making my own out of chromoly steel since no one makes them to clear the whipple.

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
Silver04Snake said:
I would like to get a 3 point brace but drilling into the wheel wells was stressful enough, not sure if I could drill into the firewall. I took the brace off tonight to see if I get the same vibrations tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it was hitting the eaton because there is only about the width of a credit card between the brace and the supercharger. Sounds like the MM have more clearance, is this correct? Are we talking an inch or something less?

You are just drilling into the top part where the cowl is, so it's not a big deal. The MM one is made especially for '03-'04 Cobras, so it fits perfect to clear the Eaton and the hood.

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
The shock tower brace will be more relevent with coil-overs since they move the load to the shock towers. They will also triangulate the stucture in the engine compartment which will reduce chassis twist. Definatly worth having them regardless.

I think the MM units are the best. I plan on making my own out of chromoly steel since no one makes them to clear the whipple.

Test results I saw showed something like 1/4"-1/2" relative movement of the towers on a car that did NOT have coilovers.

Users who are viewing this thread