Stryker 340 pumps in a returnless setup?

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
There was a couple guys on M1R that had used a single pump on eaton swaps with returnless systems fine. that's what Im planning on doing. are u lossing fuel pressure? fpdm failing? wiring issue?

If you are talking to me then...

I switched out FPDM with no change. Had a shop test wiring from harness back. yes car would start then pressure would slowly drop and car would stall.

The shop put a stock pump in my car and sure as heck car started right up and worked.

Not sure if it is the pump or the pump in my fuel hat/basket issue. My 99 has that completely enclosed fuel basket.

Maybe pump runs too hot? Not really sure

watman02

Established Member
Yes i was talking to u. did u drill any holes in the basket??? the one post i found about this pump the guy said he had to drill holes in it otherwise it would run dry less than half a tank.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Yes i was talking to u. did u drill any holes in the basket??? the one post i found about this pump the guy said he had to drill holes in it otherwise it would run dry less than half a tank.

Too funny. I said that to my Tuner and he did drill holes. I figured it was sucking too much fuel as well.

I tried the Aeromotive with holes drilled but I don't think the Aeromotive will work at all while the Division X worked for a short time but never tried with holes as this was the 2nd pump. May just be sucking the basket dry? Simple as that?

Last edited:

watman02

Established Member
Holy Crap! bail.
^lol what?

Too funny. I said that to my Tuner and he did drill holes. I figured it was sucking too much fuel as well.

I tried the Aeromotive with holes drilled but I don't think the Aeromotive will work at all while the Division X worked for a short time but never tried with holes as this was the 2nd pump. May just be sucking the basket dry? Simple as that?

it could be that simple yes if u run the pump dry it will kill it.

Users who are viewing this thread