Student slams his Teacher

71catruck

Established Member
I'm really not sure if your agreeing or disagreeing with what i said.

But yes all kids are different and the parenting and disciplinary styles must be adjusted accordingly. This became apparent to me at a young age when i realized that my brother didn't deal with conflict as well as i did. he simply had to just calmly be told he was wrong and needed to do differently. I on the other hand needed a lot more verbal persuasion to get the point across. i was never beaten though and don't think i was spanked past the age of 4-5. I only even say that old because i never remember being spanked and that's really were my memories start. Now that i have a kid due in the next month i thank my parents every week for how they spanked me and disciplined me.

SeikenFreak

2 Scoops
Established Member
The school I went to had a couple guys on staff to handle kids like this. Each classroom had a walkie talkie and they would radio if something happened. The guys would come running full sprint to restrain the kid. Funny and awesome stuff. One was a a big dude with a ponytail and goatee and stuff.. reminded me of the "The Big Show", another was a more regular dude who probably worked out.. bald. We called him Mr. Clean. The other was a therapist who did martial arts training outside of school and would train MMA fighters and stuff. He was the Italian Stallion. All awesome chill dudes.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
.....My girlfriend is very experienced raising kids (pretty much a nanny her whole life), so I will look to her for help when I'm not sure what to do, but it wont be hitting. We are both in agreement on this. You're dodging the moral element. Would you hit your wife if she brought you a warm beer or talking back to you when she had a bad day? A kid is just as human as an adult without the wisdom and knowledge.

Lol. Your wife is an equal. Your child is not. Your child is still learning what it even means to be "human" as you put it. Children learn their reasoning from their (note how i spelled that last word) parents. Guess what.. if you discipline your child when wrong doing occurs, there's a pretty good chance it wont happen again.

Gotta love the gawt damn self proclaimed subject pros who have no real life training. SMDH

According to you, that wouldn't teach anything other than "violence is the answer".

So, which is it? You can't have it both ways.

Exactly.

Prototype007

Established Member
So did you learn why you weren't supposed to have a cell phone out in school or did you just fear getting hit for doing it? How does spanking = reasoning?

I didn't break the rules because I was raised with knowing there is consequences for all of our actions.

If a kid doesn't respect the parent and fear consequences at a young age how do you think they're going to turn out as they age? Just like my half brothers.

So you won in the moment because you were bigger and stronger, and they didn't want to get there ass beat. I'm sure they didn't just magically respect your mom after that.

At the time I was 4" taller than that brother, matching weight of 170 lbs, and he was more active/athletic at the time, and I've got a right arm and spine that's tied together with metal, plastic, and screws. Don't try to exaggerate me into some beast picking on a small child.

They learned to respect my mother more because they suffered a real consequence physically instead of the talk that was tried for oh so many years and failed miserably. The youngest brother could definitely take me down without issue, but witnessing that got through to him.

Last edited:

LightningTeg

Established Member
You couldn't be more wrong. i have done plenty of research on this topic for papers I had to write for school. I don't know what sources you were looking at to come to this conclusion. Kids get the entitlement from being told they are always write and that they couldn't possibly be wrong. The fact that you cant differentiate between spanking and beating is your problem. The fact that you even bring up the idea of hitting your wife for bringing you a warm beer shows you are trying to jump to far to one extreme and are still missing one very important point. Kids absolutely need to be punished and disciplined. Though this punishment needs to not be malicious. If you beet your kids there is a strong chance they will end up to be punks. you are linking way to many behavioral problems into one category with a singular source causing them.

Please cite them I am interested in a solid argument for spanking.

And you are also lumping them into that as well. The mantra is if you don't spank your kids they will turn out worse is it not? And I'm not linking everything to spanking. That is a straw man that has been put up immediately because everyone gets so damn defensive about it.

If you beet your kids, they probably won't eat their vegetables. Anyone?

Seriously though, most parents are too busy to be actual parents, or simply don't care. Children need discipline but in a loving and kind way, not a knee jerk reaction with anger and it's different for each kid. The word discipline at its most natural sense, simply means instruction. I am guessing this young man was probably just screamed at or hit, and learned nothing. In addition he cares more to impress his peers instead of his parents/authority figures.

Nailed it.

Lol. Your wife is an equal. Your child is not. Your child is still learning what it even means to be "human" as you put it. Children learn their reasoning from their (note how i spelled that last word) parents. Guess what.. if you discipline your child when wrong doing occurs, there's a pretty good chance it wont happen again.

Gotta love the gawt damn self proclaimed subject pros who have no real life training. SMDH

I've already accepted my ignorance in the experience department, and I'm not telling anyone how to raise their kids. I just think there is a better way to do it then spanking.

Your child is not an equal? They are just as human as you are. In fact, they should be the best relationship you have in your entire life. Your wife is a voluntary relationship. She CHOSE to marry you, and can leave at any time if she truly chooses too. Your kid is an involuntary one. They are not born out of choice, dont have a choice to whome and when. They are also are "trapped" at least until they are of age. So you owe it to them to provide the best possible conditions for them to grow up in. When you expose them to negative influences, they assume that you know and approve of those influences.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
NJ is a very diverse place geographically and culturally so you really cant lump it all into one honestly.

I know south jersey is supposed to be this bastion of light amongst the dark ...

But any state that fines a man 1000$ per hollow point? ****in Fascists. I ****ing HATE that state. It's worse than Maryland and that's saying something.

LightningTeg

Established Member
I know south jersey is supposed to be this bastion of light amongst the dark ...

But any state that fines a man 1000$ per hollow point? ****in Fascists. I ****ing HATE that state. It's worse than Maryland and that's saying something.

I grew up in central jersey (hunterdon county) pretty close to PA, which was pretty nice. Alot of yuppy entitled rich kids, but safe, and decent schools. Closer you get to New york you get the worse it is lol.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
I could believe this. Did you ever see Paterson, NJ. Talking about shitholes. Very similar to Newark which is another dumphole. Actually a good part of that state should be considered a war zone

Last edited:

andymarkv

Established Member
Based on the title.......I came in here hoping to see a teacher slammed on his subject matter by a bright student with superior intellect.......leaving disappointed

YJSONLY

Established Member
Ol Leroy would Neva do nuttin like dis. Dis a mistakn I'd. Dat not my boy Leroy. My Leroy a goooood boy. He goin to kollege.

Users who are viewing this thread