Student slams his Teacher

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
WTH is wrong with these self entitled youth of today. He such a badass:rollseyes . I believe teachers should be able to defend themselves from these little thugs.

A high school student in Paterson, New Jersey was charged with assault Friday on suspicion of "body slamming" his physics teacher who took away his cell phone.

Another student recorded the alleged assault, which happened last Monday at John F. Kennedy High School.

In the video, the 16-year-old suspect goes ballistic when his teacher confiscates his phone. The student appears to wrap his arms around the teacher and knocks him into an empty desk. The student then wrestles with the teacher before slamming him to the floor.

As the teacher lies on the ground, the teen can be seen taking something him as someone else yells "Security!" WPIX reports.

Neither the teacher nor the student have been identified.

The student was arrested Friday at his home and charged with third-degree aggravated assault, Fox8.com reports.

The student has also been suspended, the Associated Press reports.

School principal David Cozart said told NorthJersey.com that students are allowed to use cellphones in class for academic purposes, but can be taken away until the end of the day if the phones are used for other reasons.

As shocking was the video was to Peter Tirri, president of the Paterson Education Association, he said the lack of a reaction in the classroom was even more so.

“I’m disappointed I didn’t see any other kids in the classroom help [the teacher] out,” Tirri told NorthJersey.com. “Maybe they were afraid. I don’t know.”

Lee McNulty, a former teacher at the school is surprised at how the teacher didn't make any efforts to protect himself.

“That just shows how much teachers are afraid of losing their job,” he said, according to WPIX TV.

[video=youtube;4LDM_AWcb6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LDM_AWcb6c[/video]

Joewee500

Established Member
Job or not that kid would have had the beating of his life. Everybody has time to record something but nobody has time to help. I wonder if the kid recording got his phone confiscated for not using his phone for school purposes?

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Seems like the typical bully type kid to me. They usually are the way they are because no one has ever put them in their place.

LightningTeg

Established Member
Seems like the typical bully type kid to me. They usually are the way they are because no one has ever put them in their place.

Most of the bullies I know / knew were not from families that didn't hit there kids. They come almost exclusively from family that hit there kids or are neglected.

LightningTeg

Established Member
I should add, he probably comes from a single mom home (70% of african american kids are now born illegitimate), with no father in the picture, so he picked up everything from peers or bad role models. Its a sad circle, and the welfare state is to blame

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Most of the bullies I know / knew were not from families that didn't hit there kids. They come almost exclusively from family that hit there kids or are neglected.

Most of the ones I knew were not abused, but had a strong sense of entitlement and thought they were just better than everyone else. Sometimes the rest of the family was the same and sometimes it was just one punk in the family.

Obviously there have been bullies who were abused, but it's not like all bullies are also victims.

Last edited:

LightningTeg

Established Member
Most of the ones I knew were not abused, but had a strong sense of entitlement and thought they were just better than everyone else. Sometimes the rest of the family was the same and sometimes it was just one punk in the family.

There is definitely a trend and its verifiable by more then just our anecdotal experiences

Joewee500

Established Member
Too much pride and not enough respect. The kid felt that he had to puff his chest in front of his audience otherwise he would be considered the lesser person. Teacher lost the respect of the class, they will run him over for the rest of his career. It's sad that kids are able to get away with this behavior because they were obviously abused at home or fill in the blank. He were my son he'd be abused at home when I saw that video.

LightningTeg

Established Member
I've been researching this topic greatly in the last month or so because my girlfriend and I are discussing having kids in the near future. It seems overwhelmingly that spanking and yelling when kids are young especially (1-5) is highly correlated to development issues, anxiety, future problems in school, bullying etc. I also notice there is this idea that is held very strongly in society that bad behavior comes from kids who are not spanked or "disciplined". The research is very clear that it is in fact the opposite. There is ALOT of science behind this so I encourage you to examine the facts here before taking a side.

If you are over protective of your kids you will produce victims and if you yell, and hit for "undesirable" behavior, you distance yourself from you child and they will look elsewhere for guidance and pick up bad characteristics. Not to mention the learning that could have taken place had you taken the time to explain and reason with your child.

I know when when I was spanked as a kid, I became fiercely aggressive, and fearful and filled with rage because tha'ts all you can do when someone 3 times your size is holding you down. I think id have a better relationship with my dad if that was not the case.

Last edited:

Joewee500

Established Member
Please post back after you have kids. All of the research in the world may let you think you know what you'll do when you have kids or let you judge how others discipline there's but until you have your own you a sportscaster that's never stepped on the field. It's a much more complex issue than spanking at home or yelling. When your child is in school there are way too many things that impact and shape the child that are out of your control.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
That kid would be picking his teeth up off the ground, teachers shouldn't have to put up with that, the kid should be expelled from public school.

LightningTeg

Established Member
Please post back after you have kids. All of the research in the world may let you think you know what you'll do when you have kids or let you judge how others discipline there's but until you have your own you a sportscaster that's never stepped on the field. It's a much more complex issue than spanking at home or yelling. When your child is in school there are way too many things that impact and shape the child that are out of your control.

Which is why my kid is getting home schooled until he is of an age to reason appropriately.

My girlfriend is very experienced raising kids (pretty much a nanny her whole life), so I will look to her for help when I'm not sure what to do, but it wont be hitting. We are both in agreement on this. You're dodging the moral element. Would you hit your wife if she brought you a warm beer or talking back to you when she had a bad day? A kid is just as human as an adult without the wisdom and knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread