Stupid baby names

nicktoney

weeee
Established Member
I'm really curious as to why people have been naming their newborns such awful names. Its like the parents want to be different and original at the babies expense. I've seen animals with better names. Here are a few names I've heard. Gage, Case, Willa, Sloane, Decklynne, Ruiz. Either they do that or they put some be spelling on the name. Like instead of Jessica, they spell it Jezzyca. Come on people, give your kids a break.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I'm really curious as to why people have been naming their newborns such awful names. Its like the parents want to be different and original at the babies expense. I've seen animals with better names. Here are a few names I've heard. Gage, Case, Willa, Sloane, Decklynne, Ruiz. Either they do that or they put some be spelling on the name. Like instead of Jessica, they spell it Jezzyca. Come on people, give your kids a break.
Actually those names are not bad at all compared to these...

[youtube_browser]pCdmiZyyGjQ[/youtube_browser]

Electrokid

Established Member
I've heard the name Decklynne quite a few times, and not on younger people either. People in their 30-40s. Not saying it's a good name, but it's just a common bad one.

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member

Yea I'm with you man....don't forget "rainbow"...that on is one of the main ones that I was like wtf.....

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
What about Dik dik? That's a hell of an animal name....lot better than Ruiz lol
i work for the state, you should see some of the names i come across daily.....

oldmodman

Established Member
Lots of silly names here in Los Angeles. I have a friend that's a 2nd grade teacher and the names she has to say with a straight face are just ridiculous.

But I remember when I was in the second grade I wanted to change my name to Captain Atomic. And if it was today I bet some parent somewhere would let it happen.

And I agree with all the crazy ghetto names Meat. I wonder how some of the kids with those very peculiar names will ever get a job at IBM, Microsoft, of Apple.

I was amazed when Cassius Clay changes his name to Muhammad Ali. I thought that was pretty crazy. I watched the Liston VS Clay fight and couldn't understand why he would change his name to "that funny foreign name" when he did it.

The Fight
Sonny Liston vs Cassius Clay (Original) - YouTube

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
I had a buddy that worked in a pharmacy and a prescription came across as strawberry kiwi lastname... WTF happened to some normal names?

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
people try so damn hard to be cool and hip and trendy by giving their kid a wierd ass name and all theyre doing making themselves look like asshats at the kids expense. and people really need to chill with the 'ayden' sounding names. its not a bad name but its more common than john or chris nowadays. my ex gf had a kid 'kaiden' and at playgrounds and stuff we'd constantly hear parents yelling ayden! kaiden! braiden! theres like 10 different ayden names now.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
people try so damn hard to be cool and hip and trendy by giving their kid a wierd ass name and all theyre doing making themselves look like asshats at the kids expense. and people really need to chill with the 'ayden' sounding names. its not a bad name but its more common than john or chris nowadays. my ex gf had a kid 'kaiden' and at playgrounds and stuff we'd constantly hear parents yelling ayden! kaiden! braiden! theres like 10 different ayden names now.

i remember before we named out son Noah my baby momma wanted to do Devin, Evan, Kevin.....i was like cmon all those names rhyme wtf?:??:

LSWon00

ATC ZTL
Established Member
My wife works at the Children's Hospital here in Atlanta and she has had a few of the funniest names I've heard yet.

La-Shawn, which she was informed the dash is not silent. = "La Dashawn"

and my all time favorite

Abcde, no one knew how to pronounce this one until the mother told them. = "Abb Ceedee"

Last edited:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Names with ' are the worst to search for and locate.....D'shawn etc......system doesnt recognize it in a lot of instances

Mxfrench

Established Member
We have a girl who brings here Charger in named Shitrice pronounced Shatrice. Of course when I talk to her I said hello Miss Shit Rice......down hill after that.

coposrv

Established Member
Read the book freakenomics. It goes into the critical thinking side of this. Such as; A kid named UNEEK isn't going to go without a job because of her name, she's not going to get a job because she was raised by people who thought that UNEEK was a wise name choice.

G04cobra

Established Member
people don't think about the children's future. What about when they have to apply for jobs? Is someone really gonna hire a manager named ABCDE?

Users who are viewing this thread