stupid moment

20svtcobra03

Established Member
havent drove the cobra in a couple months and by accident i put a few gallons of 86 octane in the tank on but the rest is 91 the a bottle of torco will it be ok or should i just go ahead an drain the tank dumb question ill prolly just drain the tank anyway

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
wow. thats the dumbest thing youve done in your life is put a few gallons of 86 with the rest of 91?

youll be fine if you stay out of WOT the rest of the tank. or yeah, throw some Torco in to bring the average back up to 91 status. But just staying out of the throttle will be enough.

R1Psycho

Established Member
I know a guy that was running regular in his 04 pullied cobra. He about cried when he got it dyno'd at a dyno day and only put down 420hp. I still give him shit for it. Like others said, don't boost too much until you fill back up.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
yep, torco it, or let it idle till in runs out lol...seriously, I think you will be just fine if you stay out of boost

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
If you haven't drove in it for a few months you one probably should have put torco in it anyways.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I wasn't even aware that they made an 86 octane fuel

Lowest I've ever seen is 87

And I guess you don't have above 91 there?

It's so stupid to have such differences between areas of the country :dw:

Last edited:

Tylerb59

Established Member
Been there, done that after driving my "DD" for a couple months straight. I caught myself about 1/2 tank in. :S

Stay out of boost and run the tank out (which usually doesn't take long). A can of Torco is a bit overkill but would be the safest route.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
havent drove the cobra in a couple months and by accident i put a few gallons of 86 octane in the tank on but the rest is 91 the a bottle of torco will it be ok or should i just go ahead an drain the tank dumb question ill prolly just drain the tank anyway

drive it without getting into the boost.. you'll be fine..

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I wasn't even aware that they made an 86 octane fuel

Lowest I've ever seen is 87

And I guess you don't have above 91 there?

It's so stupid to have such differences between areas of the country :dw:

we have 85 octane in Elko of course it's at 5200 ft elevation and you don't need as high of octane.. the highest that I can get is 91 octane..

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
we have 85 octane in Elko of course it's at 5200 ft elevation and you don't need as high of octane.. the highest that I can get is 91 octane..

wouldnt you need a higher octane due to the lesser oxygen content in the higher elevation causing a leanout condition and possible predetonation/knock?

Users who are viewing this thread