Styling Bar, re-upholstery

CammyTheCobra

Established Member
I've got a styling bar like the 1 on American Muscle website, that came with the car but is a bit worn out and cut in a few spots. Has anyone re-upholstered a styling bar? It seems like its just vinyl, was wondering if anyone has any tips, or advice on how to do this.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
I was wondering the same thing.The speedster cover seems to F it up.I am going to see if I can have some leather put on it in the areas that get scraped by the speedster cover

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I had my OEM seatbelt loops cause damage on mine before getting the low-profile Roush versions that are compatible with the bars. I went to an interior repair guy and he completely repaired the problems and made them disappear. I'd try that option first unless the whole thing looks bad.

CammyTheCobra

Established Member
I had my OEM seatbelt loops cause damage on mine before getting the low-profile Roush versions that are compatible with the bars. I went to an interior repair guy and he completely repaired the problems and made them disappear. I'd try that option first unless the whole thing looks bad.
Unfortunately it requires complete reupholstery. I'd rather do this myself, than pay someone. I just wasn't sure if anyone's done this themselves and has any tips. But it is actually missing a 4"X4" section, what's worse is the asshat previously used electrical tape to cover it up lol. The bar will be fine visually, once recovered with new vinyl, I may even use leather.

Side note: unless I get more advice I may have to tackle this myself with lack of ideas lol, in which case, I may have to do a write up, since I have a feeling it will be useful information to others lol

03' White Snake

Established Member
I've seen people that have had them redone, but I doubt if anyone has done it themselves. Call an upholstery shop and see how much. I would guess a $100 or so would get it done.

P.S. My old light bar had the usual seatbelt marks too, I removed one of the screws that held the loop to the seat, so it would just rotate when it contact the lightbar. No more marks after that. Very simple fix.

Last edited:

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I've seen people that have had them redone, but I doubt if anyone has done it themselves. Call an upholstery shop and see how much. I would guess a $100 or so would get it done.

P.S. My old light bar had the usual seatbelt marks too, I removed one of the screws that held the loop to the seat, so it would just rotate when it contact the lightbar. No more marks after that. Very simple fix.

Just buy the low-profile Roush seat belt loops. They clear my CDC light bar and look great!

03' White Snake

Established Member
Just buy the low-profile Roush seat belt loops. They clear my CDC light bar and look great!

I don't have that problem anymore.

20150926_182557_zpsrnrtvw3u.jpg

20151001_072502_zpsbmkc3rqh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread