Subframe Connectors

Brutal Metal

Established Member
If any guys need custom subframes done to your Cobra's and live in the Tampa
St. Pete area my bud Joe at FordSpeed will hook you up with some Stout homemade pieces and the price is KILLER!

04Sonic

Established Member
Other than the possible decrease in ground clearance will they affect the ability to work on anything underneath the car? IRS or anything? Thanks for your help guys.

There really i no ground clearnence issues at all, if anything it makes working on your car easier as you use the sub frames as jacking points. Although some will stay it is over kill, this is the way we install them. We take mad time to weld the entire lengh of them.

welds.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Scottyk

Established Member
Holy shit thats alot of welding!! Looks good man, I could see how that might be a little overkill but is that nessecarily a bad thing?

04Sonic

Established Member
Holy shit thats alot of welding!! Looks good man, I could see how that might be a little overkill but is that nessecarily a bad thing?

For customers nothing is overkill, although the time and material you cannot bill what you have into it but we try and give our customers the best we can. :rockon:

03mgtermi

Established Member
04sonic, thanks for posting those pics. im going to show them to whoever i get to install mine. i have been looking for some good quality installed pics.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Wichever you buy make CERTAIN the car is on drive on lift with the weight of the car ON THE WHEELS when they are welded in. You will be very sorry if you dont.

you dont need a drive on lift a good welder that knows cars can do it without one. the key is to start with the suspension loaded while laying on the ground. Then finish up with the car on the contact lift. I had mm full lengths installed this way and came out perfect. If you have to tell the welder how to do it, i would look else where for another guy. Also, expect to pay anywhere from 2-300 dollars for a quality weld job. The muffler shop will weld it for you for about 60-70 and you will majorly regret it

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
i have mm, but those hans are sick looking. i didn't even know they existed until after i had bought the mm and had them welded. :sleeping: don't get me wrong, the mm's are great value, but i probably would have gone gonzo on subframes... especially with the vert

good pics knoxville

Patriot Guy

Established Member
Just did the Steeda full length and very happy. Great fit and good price. Had Al's Performance Muffler here in El Paso do them . He does great work!!!

04bgsnake

Established Member
Have the Steeda ones myself and had no problems. Whatever brand you get, just get full length weld ons and paint them. I used a drive on lift and had the car lowered on to the subframe connectors for max contact. With a good welder you will have no problems.

Wayne64SS

Established Member
I'm looking at the Hans racecraft ones.... DAMN they are nice. I will be installing myself. Anyone ever put on a set? How are they to do? I figure I'll start with the car up on 4 drive on ramps, get them all mounted and temp welded in place, then lift the car and finish welding...

Savn4Mods

You serious Clark?
Established Member
A few months back when I did my SFC's the HANS were not available anymore. Has that changed?

I ended up going with the Global West with the jacking rail. It's a similar setup to the HANS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread