Subframe Connectors

hinds04

Established Member
I am interested in getting some subframe connectors from americanmuscle or lethal. Anybody wanna tell/show me which ones to buy. I dont know a lot about them. Also is there anything that I need to do to the car before install. Also will be installing IRS brace and bushings.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
I'll be the first to say get the Maximum Motorsports full length subframe connectors and have someone who has done them before weld them in for you. I bought mine direct from Maximum Motorsports. :thumbsup:

greengt88

Established Member
kenny brown's are kkinda puny, i had them on a fox, and my buddy got the steeda ones, way better, and the MM's are supposedly better than steeda's. looks like alot more welding with them, tha's why i like the steeda's they are pre-fabbed hold and weld. As far as rigidity don't know whose are better. global west are nice but mega expensive and the use round tube, i think rectangular that hugs the floor would be better. but what do i know........

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
kenny brown's are kkinda puny, i had them on a fox, and my buddy got the steeda ones, way better, and the MM's are supposedly better than steeda's. looks like alot more welding with them, tha's why i like the steeda's they are pre-fabbed hold and weld. As far as rigidity don't know whose are better. global west are nice but mega expensive and the use round tube, i think rectangular that hugs the floor would be better. but what do i know........

Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix Subframe System for the 2003, 2004 Supercharged Mustang SVT Cobra

doesnt look puny too me.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
I had Hans at Dean's Performance install mine last Oct. His shop is located in St. Charles, IL and was recommended by quite a few people from this area. He typically stocks the MM full lengths (bare or powder coated). I believe he charged me $250 or $300 for the FLSFC's + install...prices can be found on the website.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Will lowering the car in the future cause any problems after they are on?

Depends on the roads,etc. in your area.Here`s a pic of mine,1 full coil cut all around on the stock 17'' rims.
042.jpg

greengt88

Established Member
trust the kenny browns' are puny. they use thin walled steel, and they are NOT full length. call and ask them(kenny Brown) the wall thickness and diameter of the steel, then call MM you'll buy the MM's. That's why they need the Extreme Matrix system to make them worth a darn. Extreme Money waste. Buy MM's and be happy. Weld your own custom Matrix brace to those and you will really have a foundation. They want almost $400 for that kit......geez!! Then pay install another 250-300. So Almost 700 for sub par stuff nice. done with my rant. try them if you like it's your wallet

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Will lowering the car in the future cause any problems after they are on?

I was worried about this too before I did my subframes. My Bassani mid-pipe hangs lower SFC's...and that's after adjusting the damn the thing a few times. In my opinion, the SFC's tuck up rather nicely under there.

dezracer

Wichever you buy make CERTAIN the car is on drive on lift with the weight of the car ON THE WHEELS when they are welded in. You will be very sorry if you dont.

04Sonic

Established Member
Steeda full lengths and make sure you get someone who takes pride in welding...Like us lol

Last edited:

hinds04

Established Member
Other than the possible decrease in ground clearance will they affect the ability to work on anything underneath the car? IRS or anything? Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread