Suggestions for struts/shocks/springs?

BlownReptile

Established Member
Im looking at replacing my struts, springs and shocks. Any recommendations on what to go with?

BlownReptile

Established Member
Street performance....and thanks for posting up on my topic....thought it was going to fade away.

pianoman90

Established Member
Koni Single Adjustables, H&R Race (or sports if you like a lower drop) springs, CC Plates, and a good alignment. I'm running these, along with some other suspension parts and I love the ride, and the adjustability is a great feature to have to switch between street and track.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
what car you are talking about would also be helpful. I had H&R on my 95. I am having coil overs put on. I also had them put on my 04 when I had the suspension done on it. Hopefully you already have full length subframes on the car. I have become a HUGE fan or Maximum Motorsports suspension stuff.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Bunch of folks are running QA1 10 way adjustables on the rears. Good street/strip straight line shock.

The Tokico 5 way adjustable struts do a real nice job on the front at the drag strip and on the track. A little pricey and I use Strange Engineering 10 ways with good success.

The Koni shocks and struts do a great job with the twisties. ANd I too would recommend full length sub frame connectors for any type of planned performance driving.

khooper

Established Member
One of the most dangerous things you can do as a driver is to neglect your vehicle’s suspension system. When it is time for you to swap out your shocks or struts don’t wait or you could cause significant safety problems for you, your passengers, as well as for pedestrians and other drivers and their passengers. Taking your car to a shock replacement store is always one way to solve the problem, but if you want to save yourself some money as well as take pride in a job you finished yourself, there is nothing more rewarding than saying to yourself, “I did the work!” :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread