Super noob question?

crazycarlo

Established Member
the 1996 cobra's had a cooling problem. The fins on the condenser were to close or something and the cars started to overheat. There was a TSB (technical service bulletin) issed that replaces the stuff with the parts from a 1997 and up cobra.

00_silvergt

Established Member
a normal tick from wear. the timing guides are made of plastic. once the guides are worn or broken there is less tension on the chains.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Make sure the trans shifts smooth and is quiet. Check for a plugged hole in the intake tube/ holes in trunk which may indicate nitrous was used :burnout:

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
These motors are really stout. Mine ticks a little bit, but it's just typical DOHC noise. MIne has 150,000 miles, and I've been spraying the last 30,000. It was abused before I got it. Stock engine. On my second T45 (that's the weak point). Just look at the basics- check oil color/ level, check the tires for wear, especially the fronts. Look for a hacked- up exhaust. Make sure any mods were done "right". Make sure it drives straight, no Check Engine Lights. These cars aren't super prone to rust, so that shouldn't be a worry. Make sure the body panels/ gaps look straight and even- weird panel gaps could indicate a previous wreck. Just look the car over really good and make sure it looks like it was well cared for.

CzchMex

Established Member
a normal tick from wear. the timing guides are made of plastic. once the guides are worn or broken there is less tension on the chains.

But like I said...it's normal. However undesirable. Look at around $300-$1000+ to get the timing components fixed or replaced. Depending on whether you want to touch it or get a shop to do it.

So if you hear a tick that lasts past warm up. Remember the price to fix.

It's annoying...I have it. Going to fix soon, but its very very annoying. Especially when you are next to some hot chicks...they look at your car...smile...then not when you proceed to move and all you hear is tick tick tick tick tick....:nonono:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
The tick in my previous car was solved for under 100.. I replaced the valve lashing adjusters..

Snake Boost

Established Member
The hard part is over... Now time to have fun!!!

cobra1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread