Supercharged SVT Focus quarter mile video, interior view

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
Heres a 14.59 @ 98.7 pass at Cecil County Dragway from last weekend. My best run of the night was a 14.1 @ 99.9 with a bad launch. This video was my last of 4 runs of the night against a gen-4 Camaro. He got me off the line cause I had no traction (theme of the evening) and after I got in second gear and could get a solid grip I put about 3 cars on him by the end of the race. I just need to practice in the car and work on my launching...alot. He got like a mid 15, so i guess it was pretty much a stocker, i dunno.

I am not happy with this run and wouldn't share it normally but I think the video came out good and I did it intending on showing it so here it is... http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6A65522A-80EC-41E3-B6F9-68FA9ADDAA0D.htm

GIVE THE VID A FEW MINUTES - ITS NOT OPTIMIZED YET

Last edited:

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
dogfighter said:
why would you supercharge it and not turbocharge it? not knocking it just wondering.

personal preference, reliability, driveability, quality

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
03SVTF said:
personal preference, reliability, driveability, quality

If I had a Focus, I think I'd go that way too. Turbo and centrifugal blower cars are fine on the dyno and the track, but if you drive your car on the street, nothing beats the low end torque of a roots or twin screw blower.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
What did you run stock?

I'm curious about your shifting .... Seemed to be huge lack time between gears. Were you powershifting or speed shifting or neither?

Focus=1 of the coolest cars!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Sanchez said:
If I had a Focus, I think I'd go that way too. Turbo and centrifugal blower cars are fine on the dyno and the track, but if you drive your car on the street, nothing beats the low end torque of a roots or twin screw blower.

This is very true but in the other hand centrifugal blowers are easier on a motor down low. Cobras are built to handle immediate boost from the get go. Non forged engines, such as my mach, need to have the boost come on as the engine comes to speed. Nothing sounds better than the whine of a twin screw blower.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good points Mr. Mach-ete. Which blower are you using on your Mach.

StangStud

SVT Wanna Be
Established Member
pretty nice run alot better then most civic's run when they are boosted

+1

I was at byron dragway last year and there was a supercharged civic si and he ran a wonderful 15.3, what a waste of money, coulda had a way better time at wendy's.

As far as the focus, pretty dank.

ReducedFat

THE PONTIFICATOR
Established Member
Mr. Mach-ete said:
This is very true but in the other hand centrifugal blowers are easier on a motor down low. Cobras are built to handle immediate boost from the get go. Non forged engines, such as my mach, need to have the boost come on as the engine comes to speed. Nothing sounds better than the whine of a twin screw blower.
The engine speed at which boost occurs has nothing to do with parts reliability. A large application of power and heat at any RPM can destroy a weak motor. Centrifugal superchargers are marginally easier on the drivetrain because the power comes on in a linear gradual fashion rather than a kick in the nuts like a roots blower, but that's it.

-Chip-

You Better Come Correct!
Established Member
ReducedFat said:
The engine speed at which boost occurs has nothing to do with parts reliability. A large application of power and heat at any RPM can destroy a weak motor. Centrifugal superchargers are marginally easier on the drivetrain because the power comes on in a linear gradual fashion rather than a kick in the nuts like a roots blower, but that's it.
+1 Furthermore, detonation is the number 1 killer of all engines. Nothing more then an improperly tuned engine will die I could careless what's on the inside. You could built a engine with legos for pistons and a crank, if it's tuned right it will run for quite sometime efficiently. A little bit overboard, but you catch my drift.

Users who are viewing this thread