supercharger boost controller

mustang loco

Established Member
What about a syst like this from ProEFI,engine management syst.

testomonial;"Not very often does a new product come along that surprises me. The ProEFI certainly did. When I first learned of ProEFI, I was cautiously excited. How could a computer give you OEM fueling strategies, OEM quality, flex fuel control, traction control, individual cylinder knock control, the best boost control that i have ever used, launch control, 4 stage nitrous control, perfect idle stability, perfect start up, fault management, fuel pressure compensation, complete automatic transmission control etc and keep it a very affordable price.

Fuel
Ignition timing
I-Boost Control (5 stages of boost curves that can be selected to be targeted against Vehicle Speed, Time, or Flex Fuel input)
Flex Fuel (ability to run any mixture of E85 with the ECU making on the fly adjustments to boost, spark, and fueling based on Ethanol content).
Antilag Boost control – 5 different target boost levels
TwoStep Launch Control – 5 different target RPM’s
Hi/Low Octane switch – Allows the user to easily change the calibration to run pump gas and race gas settings
Nitrous Control – up to 4 stages
Control multiple fuel pumps in stages for easier fuel pressure control at lower flow demand
Automatic Transmission control with converter slip calculations to help with converter selection and seemless converter lock up engagement.**
Manual transmission Gear position indicators and clutch slip calculations**
2 channel Knock control with knock windows and true knock frequency filtering**
Fuel Pressure Feedback and fault control to monitor proper fuel delivery to prevent engine damage due to fuel system failure
Oil Pressure monitoring to alert when low oil pressure conditions occur
Radiator Pressure monitoring to warn for excessive coolant pressure in case of a weak head to cylinder block seal, or cracked cylinder.
Traction Control**
Closed Loop O2 Feedback with Internal Wideband O2 sensors**
Multiple Fault Management strategies to save the engine and alert the driver incase of sensor failure or tuning errors
CAN Display connectivity – 52mm Can Gauge, and 4.5 x 4.5″ CAN display.
Meth injection – ability to control methanol injection and tune appropriately for it

http//proefi.com/info/applications/ford/

[video=youtube;xS9gUg1clWA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS9gUg1clWA[/video]

Last edited:

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
*Traction control* from ProEFI

I think that example could use some tweaking to the TC algorithm, but I'm the wrong guy to ask about "other systems".

I'm a MoTeC Cheerleader. Used it exclusively for the last 13 years professionally, by choice, and there isn't a project we work on that isn't MoTeC. It's relatively expensive compared to lower end alternatives, but it's the best... I think by a long shot, but I suppose that's arguable. Like everything else in racing, you get what you pay for and it's measured in cubic dollars, not cubic inches.

I can, however, advise about how to take "other systems" off that aren't working as well and replace them with MoTeC... lot of experience doing that over the years :)

Cheers

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Wasnt lethal doing something like this and it cause the big debacle at king of the street because they couldnt switch tunes :-/

mavisky

Established Member
Could be done, centri guys use a blow off valve to vent excess boost out.

Turbos are controlled on the exhaust side, not the charge side. Same principle though.

I've seen at least one ghetto setup that was running a welded wastegate and then controlling boost via a big knob "venting" the boost pre throttle body and pre-map sensor on an F-body back in the day. It was essentially a variable boost centrifugal blower almost at that point. By far one of the weirdest setups I've ever seen.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I've seen at least one ghetto setup that was running a welded wastegate and then controlling boost via a big knob "venting" the boost pre throttle body and pre-map sensor on an F-body back in the day. It was essentially a variable boost centrifugal blower almost at that point. By far one of the weirdest setups I've ever seen.

That's pretty much how my Procharger F1C was setup. It worked really well.

mustang loco

Established Member
That's just electronic boost control integrated into the EMS for a turbo setup.

Well,when going on the main page of ProEFI,when verifying "applications/Ford"
you get a set up for a Cobra that also did a pulley with they're system?!?!

http://proefi.com/info/applications/ford/

I had also read on another forum that a guy was going that route with his 500 as for engine management.

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I swear the unit I saw looked like an industrial ball valve from grainger or something. Straight out of someone's maintenance shop at a factory or something.

Ah, mine was a Tial Sport 44mm wastegate. The purpose of mine was to build a lot more boost down low by running a small pulley, and dump it up top with the wastegate. Kind of the opposite of what's being discussed here.

Last edited:

FischerMotorspo

Established Member
Ah, mine was a Tial Sport 44mm wastegate. The purpose of mine was to build a lot more boost down low by running a small pulley, and dump it up top with the wastegate. Kind of the opposite of what's being discussed here.

Bet that worked pretty well for getting more out of the boost curve of a centri at lower RPM.

Pretty much the same concept though in general... we're all dumping excess boost for what ever reason that it's considered excess... whether it's because of being in a lower gear to control wheel slip, controlling throttle tip in for wheel slip, or on a pump fuel and dumping extra boost, etc...

mustang loco

Established Member
I think that example could use some tweaking to the TC algorithm, but I'm the wrong guy to ask about "other systems".

I'm a MoTeC Cheerleader. Used it exclusively for the last 13 years professionally, by choice, and there isn't a project we work on that isn't MoTeC. It's relatively expensive compared to lower end alternatives, but it's the best... I think by a long shot, but I suppose that's arguable. Like everything else in racing, you get what you pay for and it's measured in cubic dollars, not cubic inches.

I can, however, advise about how to take "other systems" off that aren't working as well and replace them with MoTeC... lot of experience doing that over the years :)

Cheers

Interesting,will go make some searching and read about MoTec,thx!

Cheers!!

Users who are viewing this thread