Supercharger whine

Do you like S/C whine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

avro206

Established Member
Okay I am sure I will be in the minority here but who else doesn't like S/C whine? This is only my 2nd Mustang ever (IROCs, Formulas before) but I just don't like it and could never bring myself the SC my ride.

I wanna hear the motor and exhaust !

So please vote--lets see how few of us there are

FIVEHOE

Established Member
i've never ridden in a supercharged mustang but I would have to assume that I would enjoy a little whining (giggity), especially since the car is not my DD.

Ponyracer1

Established Member
I don't think my car even has a S/C on the damned thing. Stupid exhaust is so loud that Santana could be under the hood mid jam session and I'd never know it. Yes I plan on putting some actual mufflers on her! Hopefully with the muffs and the crusher upgrade I'll actually be able to HEAR the supercharger.

Spudz

Established Member
I love my blower whine, especially after removing the "muffler" on the intake. Nothing like watching peds stare as you mash the gas and fly by.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd almost rather hear the loud blower whine over a loud exhaust. Especially the raspy crap.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I liked the whine of a ported Eaton when I had my first cobra years ago, now I prefer to hear snails scream.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
My Tial Q makes my car sound like a jet fighter. It drives dogs nuts, they bark and spin in circles. Little kids point out "race car mommy". Lol.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
The exhaust note is the sound of wasted power, it already happened, and it didn't do anything to make you go fast, it is literally heat dumped overboard, work produced that did nothing. The supercharger whine, on the other hand, is work being done, power about to happen, it _is_ going to make you go fast.

Users who are viewing this thread