supercharging a Mach 1

dantheman91

Established Member
I am looking at mach 1 and I was hoping that you all could help me out with some info. I would like to supercharge the car, so I was wondering how about how much power can be made with the stock engine and what supercharger would be the best option for the car?

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
on stock block people will usually tell you about 450whp, and you'll also get different stories about how long someones motor lasted on 450+ some blow in 2 weeks at 420 and others dont blow after two years 500hp.. it tends to vary. I'd build up the motor first but thats just me

edit- the supercharger question would probably more depend on what you want out of the car. A lot of mach 1 guys go centri blowers, I personally like PD blowers (however the centris have grown on me lol thanks to speed of sound)

Last edited:

DarkMach1

Established Member
Well, you're gonna get answers from A-Z when asking something like this. IMO, 450whp with a good tune is about the highest I would recommend, but a lot of people have gone higher, if you've owned it for a while and take care of it you know in what condition that motor is in. With a procharger or vortech you're gonna get there or surpass it, with an Eaton you can get there with A) longtubes with full exhaust with slightly aggressive tune(16-17* of timing, it all depends on your tuner and how comfortable he feels with it) on stock eaton and pulley, B) midpipe and catback, stage 1 ported blower on stock pulley and a very safe tune, or C) midpipe and catback, stock eaton and 3.4 pulley with a good tune.

Last edited:

RcodeStang

Established Member
450whp seems to be the commonly agreed upon "safe" number but there's always the unlucky guy who blows a motor at 400. Detonation = hello new bottom end. I'd feel pretty comfortable at 450 with a good pump gas tune then meth injection on top purely as a safety net. But I still would want to have money set aside "just in case".

dantheman91

Established Member
If I build the bottom end and add meth injection would 450 to 475 rwhp be realistic or should I just build an engine and put it in my gt.

dantheman91

Established Member
i want a 4v engine so bad and my gt just is not cutting it any more especially after getting the opportunity to test drive a 2011 gt

clc44

Established Member
Could always do a Turbo :) JK. I've heard the eaton is the easiest way to go. If you do decide to build the motor, then you can get the blower ported and swap pulleys and 500+ is at your hands.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
If you build the bottom end then you could do more than 500 easily.

but then again it is a mach so you will have to upgrade

Fuel system
Tranny
Rearend

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
So did you ever sell the car?:cryying:

It's still in my garage, but yes it's sold. :dw: The guy is finalizing a sale with his car this week. I lucked out big time. He is a car collector that I know through work. It will get taken car of AND he said I can drive it at probably the same frequency I do now (bi-monthly :lol:)

but then again it is a mach so you will have to upgrade

Fuel system
Tranny
Rearend

Memoriiieeeeeessss.

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
It's still in my garage, but yes it's sold. :dw: The guy is finalizing a sale with his car this week. I lucked out big time. He is a car collector that I know through work. It will get taken car of AND he said I can drive it at probably the same frequency I do now (bi-monthly :lol:)

aw im gonna miss it lol hope to see you in another nice car soon :beer:

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
Like mentioned most will say below 500 is the safe range, below 450 is your best bet. But it really comes down to the tune, its all in the tune man. and i would try to keep boost below 10lb

SCMOKN

Established Member
i want a 4v engine so bad and my gt just is not cutting it any more especially after getting the opportunity to test drive a 2011 gt

Supercharge the GT. I was running a 1.7l Kennebell at 9psi and putting down 427 rwhp and around 390tq. I miss my GT!

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
It really all comes down to a very good tune and how much you beat on it. There are just so many unknowns. Mine made 460 rwhp on 12 degrees of timing and with P1SC-2 ProCharger and intercooler.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
the weak link being what the rods?? then the pistons? the think the pistons are more on the quality of the tune...... the mach one block is aluminum correct?

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
the weak link being what the rods?? then the pistons? the think the pistons are more on the quality of the tune...... the mach one block is aluminum correct?

both rods and pistons are junk but yea i think its the rods then pistons. yep, aluminum block.

BSXrad

Rocking Your Socks Off
Established Member
Talk to Slowr w/o Blowr on here, he's got a KB'ed Mach and knows what he's talking about, I believe he's on my friend list if you wanna contact him

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I am looking at mach 1 and I was hoping that you all could help me out with some info. I would like to supercharge the car, so I was wondering how about how much power can be made with the stock engine and what supercharger would be the best option for the car?

Just a suggestion... with prices of these and other niche mustangs falling, you can get a built/blown stang for very reasonable prices. Why not buy one already done up instead of dropping major coin on building one?

As others have suggested. You are limited to about 450 rwhp on a M5. Somewhat less on an auto due to the cast crank. I'd say if you are not going north of 450 don't worry about building the motor... if higher hp is your desire you will spend about 10-12 grand on the whole setup (obviously not including the car) IF you do the work yourself. I consider a complete setup being blower, fully built motor, upgraded clutch, axles, fuel system, suspension, tuning etc..... just a blower kit (centri) will run you minimum 4k (intercooled) before install and tune..... if you buy used parts you can also save some $.

You can get built Machs and Cobras for mid teens these days. FAR less than buying a car and building it yourself. Just saying...

GL.

Users who are viewing this thread