Supercharging a raptor for hunting trips in sahara africa

DXBLIGHTNINGBOY

Established Member
hi guys...
well don't know where to start... team jdm is installing a saleen supercharger for the svt raptor and will be done by Friday...

we are looking at 390wrhp to 400 on 8psi only....
i bought the car for a friend of mine who works for some royal family in Qatar...
they go each year to hunt in Africa and we had a big debate about what car will be performing better over there...

they said that the Land cruiser is better car in offroad then the f150 raptor
hahahaha "I didn't agree"

so i bought it and told him i will win this debate and i loose keep the dam car..

am worried now that team jdm is late on delivery... the car will be air lifted from NY to Doha Qatar. and its costing me a lot of $$$$ for the delay

i just wanna have an answer from you guys will the car win this debate? \

and will team jdm was a good choice.. for my reference...

i will upload some pictures as soon i get them from Jim @ team jdm with a dyno video

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Don't know much about Team JDM, but I would have gone with Johnny Lightning Performance up in Pennsylvania. He's done crazy things with the lightnings and I'm sure could do wonders with a Raptor. The guy is nice as hell too.

DXBLIGHTNINGBOY

Established Member
7529_149795574311_511524311_2511852_1228908_n.jpg

7529_149795559311_511524311_2511851_3139715_n.jpg

7529_149794779311_511524311_2511849_3581804_n.jpg

7529_149794764311_511524311_2511847_7842456_n.jpg

7529_149794754311_511524311_2511846_7832187_n.jpg

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Bolting a low pressure blower on to a 3v 5.4 is a pretty easy job. It should make for a fun ride. I suggest installing a bigger tranny cooler though.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the only difficulty with the raptor is its size. as you know offroad adventures come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. the raptor should be able to go everywhere the landcurisers go if it can fit.

the true test...cruiser vs raptor at the dakar rally!:idea::pepper:

steeltoe

Established Member
the only difficulty with the raptor is its size. as you know offroad adventures come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. the raptor should be able to go everywhere the landcurisers go if it can fit.

the true test...cruiser vs raptor at the dakar rally!:idea::pepper:
Tell Greg to pack up his trucks and go to South America.

I'm goin to be in Dubai next week I wish I could see this truck

DXBLIGHTNINGBOY

Established Member
Tell Greg to pack up his trucks and go to South America.

I'm going to be in Dubai next week I wish I could see this truck

its going to Doha Qatar and whats funny is there are 2 c130 aircraft's waiting for the raptor to arrive there..
so they can fly it with the rest of the equipment for the hunting trip to Tunisia africa

so if ur coming to Dubai pm me ur number i show you around don't worry am not going to kidnap u lol

steeltoe

Established Member
its going to Doha Qatar and whats funny is there are 2 c130 aircraft's waiting for the raptor to arrive there..
so they can fly it with the rest of the equipment for the hunting trip to Tunisia africa

so if ur coming to Dubai pm me ur number i show you around don't worry am not going to kidnap u lol

My company won't let me have a cell phone in country. I know its ghey.

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
Wow...just reading through this thread makes me sick how much money some people have. 2 C-130's waiting for a freakin hunting trip. We have trouble getting equipment moved in Iraq and Afghanistan due to airlift costs and availability constraints.

This just blows my mind...

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
Sid, cooling upgrades were done to the truck.. Transcooler, tstat, upgraded electric fans, and intercooler upgrades if I remember correctly.

Looks good senior Pares lol

DXBLIGHTNINGBOY

Established Member
Wow...just reading through this thread makes me sick how much money some people have. 2 C-130's waiting for a freakin hunting trip. We have trouble getting equipment moved in Iraq and Afghanistan due to airlift costs and availability constraints.

This just blows my mind...

well they are the ruling family the can do what ever they want
and its my pleasure to serve them in getting them what ever they what....
its just gonna cost them $$$ and make me happy....

DXBLIGHTNINGBOY

Established Member
last update from team jdm....... truck made 380 wrhp .....380 wrtq on thair dyno

they have changed the shift points, and told me dont use the off road mode its not needed any more when all this power is there.

i will have a video soon on a dyno and road testing off the raptor...

blackmagicmach

The PoPo
Established Member
last update from team jdm....... truck made 380 wrhp .....380 wrtq on thair dyno

they have changed the shift points, and told me dont use the off road mode its not needed any more when all this power is there.

i will have a video soon on a dyno and road testing off the raptor...

well the off road mode changes the traction control and abs settings... that's what I have found out about the raptor...

Users who are viewing this thread