Supercharging my gt350

Shelby350

Established Member
I am in the market to supercharge my Shelby and am looking to get whippel or Kenny bell but I can't find anyone that is selling the kit for this car ???

Zemedici

Established Member
Last edited:

Shelby350

Established Member
But it does not come with a tune ..... I can't find any tuner around me that want to touch the car

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Get in touch with Lethal Performance. I think they are the only one with a supercharged GT350. ProCharger is supposed to be coming out with a kit as well.
Good luck!

Zemedici

Established Member
Bring it down to Georgia, we'll get you fixed up. Prochargers car is done but didn't make insane power

Whipple
Procharger
Hellion

Those are your options, with the only one immediately available being whipple. However with the potential issues with whipples tune I would be careful about using theirs (look on M6G)

I would get a real shop to remote tune the car

Shelby350

Established Member
Bring it down to Georgia, we'll get you fixed up. Prochargers car is done but didn't make insane power

Whipple
Procharger
Hellion

Those are your options, with the only one immediately available being whipple. However with the potential issues with whipples tune I would be careful about using theirs (look on M6G)

I would get a real shop to remote tune the car

pm me your contact

Helmet

Established Member
Also you have to realize that the leathal/whipple supercharger kit is for e85 tune and they have no plans on a 93 octane kit. The Hellion and Procharger is tuned for 93 octane.

myshelby3425

Established Member
Whipple's got a kit I believe. However due to the piston design of these motors you cannot run a lot of boost. If I had a GT350 I would go Hellion. Their kit makes 700+, on 6 psi. Procharger made low 6XX and like 415 TQ.....

But here's the whipple kit from Lethal

http://www.lethalperformance.com/ford-shelby-gt350-gt350r/2015-2016/superchargers/whipple

Procharger made 603whp on 4.5psi with bolt ons on the car (catless midpipes and magnaflow 3" exhaust). Procharger would be in the upper 500s alone.

Whipple made 819whp with catless midpipes and e85 on 11.62 lbs. It's in the 840s now with headers and full exhaust.

The kit on Lethals site is specifically for the GT350. They are the only ones carrying it right now I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

myshelby3425

Established Member
Also you have to realize that the leathal/whipple supercharger kit is for e85 tune and they have no plans on a 93 octane kit. The Hellion and Procharger is tuned for 93 octane.

That's what it's tuned on, e85 is not a requirement. You can run 93 with zero issues as well.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
That's what it's tuned on, e85 is not a requirement. You can run 93 with zero issues as well.

Running 93 octane will require running less boost, which means a larger pulley. Lethal said that there "may" be hood clearance issues with a larger pulley. I have a lot of respect for Lethal. I would assume that they either tried with 93 octane and made the pulley fit, only to find procharger-esq numbers, or knew that would be the case and went to an e85 set up to make some real power. .

If you are good with e85, i think the Whipple would meet any needs that you have. If you are 93 octane only, a turbo kit would be the better option, since their will be a boost penalty, and turbos will always make more power per psi.

Just my worthless .02. Good luck.

myshelby3425

Established Member
Running 93 octane will require running less boost, which means a larger pulley. Lethal said that there "may" be hood clearance issues with a larger pulley. I have a lot of respect for Lethal. I would assume that they either tried with 93 octane and made the pulley fit, only to find procharger-esq numbers, or knew that would be the case and went to an e85 set up to make some real power. .

If you are good with e85, i think the Whipple would meet any needs that you have. If you are 93 octane only, a turbo kit would be the better option, since their will be a boost penalty, and turbos will always make more power per psi.

Just my worthless .02. Good luck.

FYI, Hennessy tested a Whipple on 93 octane on their GT350. Made 680whp but boost was unknown.

Users who are viewing this thread