Superchip problem...please help

trmn8tr

Established Member
I installed a 2.80 pulley and Superchip last night and now the car will not run properly. The car has stalled a few times and also violently jerks when trying to accelerate. I cleaned the contact with the green scrubber that is supplied with the chip. How much cleaning does it take and what color should the contacts be? Also the chip does not fit flush...there is about a 1/4in or more space between the chip and the side of the pcm. I would appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Did you clean both sides of the contacts, top and bottom? That junk they put over the connectors is a pain in the arse to get off.

The contacts should turn from bronze to silver once cleaned properly.

The Superchip I had does not fit flush with the PCM and you must tape over it with a piece of tape to insure it does not come loose.

Best of luck on the package.

:beer:

trmn8tr

Established Member
The contacts should turn from bronze to silver once cleaned properly.

Thanks...this helps a lot. I still have some contacts that are bronze. I'll try cleaning them some more. I was just worried about messing the contacts up from excessive cleaning.

Silver 03 Cobra

As Z06 said clean the top and bottom and get them all to show copper. Disconnect the plus side to your battery. If you have the Flipchip, do not change programs while the car is running. Only change with the key in the off position.

cobrablue

Established Member
you have some wrong info here. the copper ends you mentioned start out as silver and turn copper as you use the scotchbrite pad. if you have copper you have gone far enough. if you keep going you will have no contacts left thus rendering your 400.00 chip trash. there will be nothing left to make contact with. :p

Users who are viewing this thread