superharged and stock headers???

sharptech

Established Member
Just curious how many of you are supercharged and still running the stock headers? I'm at that point where I've got full catless exhaust except stock manifolds, and power delivery still feels really good on the stock headers. From two days of researching, it sounds like when supercharged, scavenging is irreverent and it's more about cfm at that point, which our stock headers do alright. I'm only going for 600whp-675whp, and I understand eventually you need to go headers, but even the roush phase 3 is on stock headers. Just more curious what you guys are running?

corepwn

Established Member
The stock parts are pretty stout on these cars.
I still have stock manifolds and stock over the axle pipes amongst other things.

sharptech

Established Member
Holy crap! Your stock manifolds and axle pipes and your running 9's! Are you using a cutout?

mitchster

Established Member
I am running stock headers. I just had Borla do the exhaust system. X-pipe, axlebacks and Borla "S" mufflers. One step at a time. Next up brakes or Stage II.

sharptech

Established Member
I'm still running them at 11.5@130mph and all seems well. I'm thinkin of dropping to a 3.6 pulley and just run 93 I'm just curious if I'm choking the motor out.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I'm still running them at 11.5@130mph and all seems well. I'm thinkin of dropping to a 3.6 pulley and just run 93 I'm just curious if I'm choking the motor out.

According to your 130mph trap, your making good power... Your car should be in the 10's, I'd work on then rest of the car before you worry about adding more power...

sharptech

Established Member
ya you have a point Scott, I could really use a stall. that and our DA is in the 4400ft range most the time.

sharptech

Established Member
Stock almost everything here too. I have cat deletes and an axle back.

Wow, looks like I will be spending my money on better things, like a stall converter, and smaller pulley. That's so crazy you guys are making that much power on stock headers. Guess key word is "headers."

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
According to your 130mph trap, your making good power... Your car should be in the 10's, I'd work on then rest of the car before you worry about adding more power...

+1

Dude, you're trapping 130 and only running a 11.5.

Work on the rest of the car (I.E. suspension/tires) before you add more HP.

vortecd

Established Member
I picked up nothing with kooks shorties so put the stockers back on. I have cat deletes and x-pipe but stock ota pipes and mufflers

stangn

Established Member
Stock manifolds and over axle pipes. Off-road X and borla mufflers. Making mid 600's on pump gas.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
stock headers are pretty good. andys phone 11-26-14 019.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread