Supreme court decision today

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
For a LEO, you are very mature :shrug:

Go ahead and assume I take my freedoms for Granted.

Actually, do some reading on SVTP in regard to the threads where cops try and go above the law. Did you see the one where a Deputy was nearly 2 times over the legal alcohol limit and crashed into a house? The fact that he still has a job is beyond me. Based on what I read, he was suspended WITH Pay.

It goes either way. I'm not here to argue. I just commented on your comment, nothing more.

Based on what you've said with this GPS issue, looks to me that you want the US to turn into a Communist State where no one has free rights, and this is no longer the land of the free.

im not going to argue with you, because you DONT read. I have stated numerous times that if we were to use it, it would be a last resort and in special situtations, not all the time at anytime! im going to disregard your obvious cop bashing and calling me "immature"..you dont know me bro

and the deputy your talking about? i have no knowledge of the ins and outs, on the surface yes hes absolutely wrong but i dont immediately sentence someone without knowing all the facts. yea maybe he was suspended with pay, do most people lose their job for simply getting arrested? NO...so why should it be different for us? :nonono:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
im not going to argue with you, because you DONT read. I have stated numerous times that if we were to use it, it would be a last resort and in special situtations, not all the time at anytime! im going to disregard your obvious cop bashing and calling me "immature"..you dont know me bro

and the deputy your talking about? i have no knowledge of the ins and outs, on the surface yes hes absolutely wrong but i dont immediately sentence someone without knowing all the facts. yea maybe he was suspended with pay, do most people lose their job for simply getting arrested? NO...so why should it be different for us? :nonono:

Not Bashing cops, just discussing the topic here.

Also, I will say the same thing about you. Don't comment on how "I" take my rights for granted unless you can handle me calling you "Immature".

The reason I called you " Immature" BRO, was because you made an assumption about me. That is an "Immature" thing to do and people that say "Immature" things are therefore "Immature"

Most "Civilians" that get DUI/DWI's will see jail time, lose their job, pay thousands in fines no questions asked.

It should be the same for both. I personally HATE cops that think they are above the law, and are better than your average every day people. They are human, and have a job, that's all. They should be tried to the same extent that a person like me should, because at the end of the day, it wasn't a Police Officer that made a mistake, it was a Human Being that did. A Badge should not protect anyone from what is right and wrong. It represents Authority, not someone immune from the law. Am I wrong?

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
For a LEO, you are very mature :shrug:

Go ahead and assume I take my freedoms for Granted.

Actually, do some reading on SVTP in regard to the threads where cops try and go above the law. Did you see the one where a Deputy was nearly 2 times over the legal alcohol limit and crashed into a house? The fact that he still has a job is beyond me. Based on what I read, he was suspended WITH Pay.

It goes either way. I'm not here to argue. I just commented on your comment, nothing more.

Based on what you've said with this GPS issue, looks to me that you want the US to turn into a Communist State where no one has free rights, and this is no longer the land of the free.

The OFF DUTY deputy? So he wasn't ON DUTY? Sometimes you guys just want to bash. How many threads are posted on here about drunk people wrecking into a house, or other people doing stupid shit, regardless of their profession? It happens every day, just because he is a Deputy is what makes it "special"?

The fact that he is suspended without pay is what?? Innocent until proven guilty maybe? :shrug: OFF DUTY Deputies aren't afforded the same rights as everyone else? :nonono:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Not Bashing cops, just discussing the topic here.

Also, I will say the same thing about you. Don't comment on how "I" take my rights for granted unless you can handle me calling you "Immature".

The reason I called you " Immature" BRO, was because you made an assumption about me. That is an "Immature" thing to do and people that say "Immature" things are therefore "Immature"

Most "Civilians" that get DUI/DWI's will see jail time, lose their job, pay thousands in fines no questions asked.

It should be the same for both. I personally HATE cops that think they are above the law, and are better than your average every day people. They are human, and have a job, that's all. They should be tried to the same extent that a person like me should, because at the end of the day, it wasn't a Police Officer that made a mistake, it was a Human Being that did. A Badge should not protect anyone from what is right and wrong. It represents Authority, not someone immune from the law. Am I wrong?

interesting how all of sudden he's a human being just like everyone else, but when it's convenient then people say" well he's a cop so he should be held to a higher standard the punishment should be stiffer" trust me i've heard judges an lawyers say this! your mistake is thinking that being a cop IS JUST ANOTHER JOB. Would you say being in the military is just another job? do you have a career where you could not come home on any given night? you say you hate cops that think they are above the law, do you spread that hate to your fellow citizens, politicians, celebrities who actually abuse that? the percentage of corrupt cops is actually extremely low, its seem more than that because its "sensationalized". See now we have gone from the original topic to an obvious chip on your shoulder, im guessing some cop along the way pissed you off.

you can try to be the "mature" one all you want, your already showing yourself to the contrary with your narrow mind way of thinking. If you think for one second cops are not prosecuted the same as regular citizens, you are sorely mistaken. They are prosecuted worse! the same way military personnel get screwed when they are court marshaled.

so your argument is lacking, because not only are cops treated just like "citizens" they are treated worse. you think prosecutors are our friends? they cant wait to prosecute a cop, instant superstar once they do that. I stand by my assessment that you take your freedoms for granted because you see im on this side of the fence, and I see it everyday where "citizens" get away with alot more than I do. If you tell me "**** you" I cant arrest you, because its freedom of speech. But if you piss me off and I tell you "**** you" and you make a complaint, guess what happens? I get written up and/or suspended....several complaints and I can be terminated. I am not afforded the same rights as you. So no cops are not treated the same...:nonono:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
The OFF DUTY deputy? So he wasn't ON DUTY? Sometimes you guys just want to bash. How many threads are posted on here about drunk people wrecking into a house, or other people doing stupid shit, regardless of their profession? It happens every day, just because he is a Deputy is what makes it "special"?

The fact that he is suspended without pay is what?? Innocent until proven guilty maybe? :shrug: OFF DUTY Deputies aren't afforded the same rights as everyone else? :nonono:

I actually read he was suspending with Pay, but that is irrelevant.

He should be tried as a normal person. However, since he is a Sworn LEO, he should be setting an example for us "normal people" to follow.

Please see second response.

What dream world do you live in?

Most? You can't be serious.

I live in the dream world of Chicago, which, as you may or may not know, is a place that enforces EVERYTHING.

I've had 4 friends go to Jail, my Half-Brother, my Father, and a couple of acquaintances.

I am more than willing to elaborate via PM if you'd like.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

He should be tried as a normal person. However, since he is a Sworn LEO, he should be setting an example for us "normal people" to follow.

I live in the dream world of Chicago, which, as you may or may not know, is a place that enforces EVERYTHING.

I've had 4 friends go to Jail, my Half-Brother, my Father, and a couple of acquaintances.

Ok so you don't like how chicago enforces everything, maybe move because it seems like you feel as though you shouldn't follow all the laws since you disagree with some, that would mean you are above it no? contradiction of your original sentiment maybe?

did you mention all those people going jail because you think they were all innocent, prosecuted unjustly? simple yes or no will suffice

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
interesting how all of sudden he's a human being just like everyone else, but when it's convenient then people say" well he's a cop so he should be held to a higher standard the punishment should be stiffer" trust me i've heard judges an lawyers say this! your mistake is thinking that being a cop IS JUST ANOTHER JOB. Would you say being in the military is just another job? do you have a career where you could not come home on any given night? you say you hate cops that think they are above the law, do you spread that hate to your fellow citizens, politicians, celebrities who actually abuse that? the percentage of corrupt cops is actually extremely low, its seem more than that because its "sensationalized". See now we have gone from the original topic to an obvious chip on your shoulder, im guessing some cop along the way pissed you off.

you can try to be the "mature" one all you want, your already showing yourself to the contrary with your narrow mind way of thinking. If you think for one second cops are not prosecuted the same as regular citizens, you are sorely mistaken. They are prosecuted worse! the same way military personnel get screwed when they are court marshaled.

so your argument is lacking, because not only are cops treated just like "citizens" they are treated worse. you think prosecutors are our friends? they cant wait to prosecute a cop, instant superstar once they do that. I stand by my assessment that you take your freedoms for granted because you see im on this side of the fence, and I see it everyday where "citizens" get away with alot more than I do. If you tell me "**** you" I cant arrest you, because its freedom of speech. But if you piss me off and I tell you "**** you" and you make a complaint, guess what happens? I get written up and/or suspended....several complaints and I can be terminated. I am not afforded the same rights as you. So no cops are not treated the same...:nonono:

I've had a run in with an officer that still has a job after what he did to me years ago. I can PM you the details if you wish.

Cops, Military personnel and civilians are NOT above the Law. However, CIVILIANS do not SWEAR TO AN OATH that they shall lead by example, do they? IMHO, Offiers SHOULD be held accountable for their actions just as much as a civilian, why? Because their job is to enforce the law, correct? Not go above it and abuse it/break it. Doesn't mean they all do, just means because of their level of responsibility, they should have a slightly higher standard compared to a civilian.

I actually do act out when I see people do whatever the hell they want, and I have been known to confront them and speak my mind. Whether if be Friends, family, people at work, I speak my mind. I'm FAR from perfect, however, I do my best to obey laws, and avoid unecessary conflict.

I haven't been pulled over in a very long time for many reasons, I don't draw attention to myself and break the law. However, if I am caught speeding, or breaking the law in any manner, I will man up, take accountability for my actions, and pay my dues. I've always been this way, and its in my nature to admit when I am wrong, take responsibility for my actions and not point the finger.

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Ok so you don't like how chicago enforces everything, maybe move because it seems like you feel as though you shouldn't follow all the laws since you disagree with some, that would mean you are above it no? contradiction of your original sentiment maybe?

did you mention all those people going jail because you think they were all innocent, prosecuted unjustly? simple yes or no will suffice

I'm happy where I live. I will stay, thanks.

I am not really sure where you are pulling this shit from.

Please point out where I said I am above the law, or I shouldn't follow laws?

For once, can a LEO on this site not make this personal, and pull shit out of their ass? Jesus ****ing christ.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I've had a run in with an officer that still has a job after what he did to me years ago. I can PM you the details if you wish.

Cops, Miliary personnel and civilians are NOT above the Law. However, CIVILIANS do not SWEAR TO AN OATH that they shall lead by example, do they? IMHO, Offiers SHOULD be held accountable for their actions just as much as a civilian, why? Because their job is to enforce the law, correct? Not go above it and abuse it/break it. Doesn't mean they all do, just means because of their level of responsibility, they should have a slightly higher standard compared to a civilian.

I actually do act out when I see people do whatever the hell they want, and I have been known to confront them and speak my mind. Whether if be Friends, family, people at work, I speak my mind. I'm FAR from perfect, however, I do my best to obey laws, and avoid unecessary conflict.

I haven't been pulled over in a very long time for many reasons, I don't draw attention to myself and break the law. However, if I am caught speeding, or breaking the law in any manner, I will man up, take accountability for my actions, and pay my dues. I've always been this way, and its in my nature to admit when I am wrong, take responsibility for my actions and not point the finger.

I thought you said we should be treated just like any other civilian, now we should have a higher standard, after I mentioned it? :shrug:

For once, can a LEO on this site not make this personal, and pull shit out of their ass? Jesus ****ing christ.

whos making it personal? you need to calm down, you made a statement "chicago enforces EVERYTHING!" you put it in caps, which means you feel a certain way about it....i didn't say you were above the law, but if you disagree with it, you might not want to follow them, makes you above it correct? then you just said you "do your best to obey laws" that means you try, not do, so there are some you might break once in a while correct? Im not prosecuting you here, im merely pointing out that you are passing yourself off as high and mighty and are very quick to judge a cop for doing something but when it comes to you its different?

heres a blanket statement: EVERYONE, at some point bends, breaks,ignores or blatantly disregards some laws...my point is don't sit there and point fingers at everyone, then get upset when I call you on it. You are right, you are not perfect, nobody is...but you need to be more open minded

if you had a bad run in with a cop a long time ago, well im sorry for that...but im not him. I have yet to disrespect you or belittle you so from now on show a little class and stop getting mad or thinking its personal...chances are we will never meet anyway

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member

You're still not explaining why the OFF DUTY Deputy is not afforded the same rights as every one else. See where I'm going with this?

When you say jail, do you mean arrested at the time of the stop and taken to jail or sentenced to jail time after court proceedings?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I thought you said we should be treated just like any other civilian, now we should have a higher standard, after I mentioned it? :shrug:

Playing devil's advocate here brother. Me saying they Should be is different from them actually being treated a certain way. I guess it would really depend on the situation. Example being, if an Off-duty LEO is pulled over for a DUI, he should be punished to the full extent of the law, same for a civilian.

whos making it personal? you need to calm down, you made a statement "chicago enforces EVERYTHING!" you put it in caps, which means you feel a certain way about it....i didn't say you were above the law, but if you disagree with it, you might not want to follow them, makes you above it correct? then you just said you "do your best to obey laws" that means you try, not do, so there are some you might break once in a while correct? Im not prosecuting you here, im merely pointing out that you are passing yourself off as high and mighty and are very quick to judge a cop for doing something but when it comes to you its different?

heres a blanket statement: EVERYONE, at some point bends, breaks,ignores or blatantly disregards some laws...my point is don't sit there and point fingers at everyone, then get upset when I call you on it. You are right, you are not perfect, nobody is...but you need to be more open minded

if you had a bad run in with a cop a long time ago, well im sorry for that...but im not him. I have yet to disrespect you or belittle you so from now on show a little class and stop getting mad or thinking its personal...chances are we will never meet anyway

It's all good. I agree that EVERYONE, LEO's included, bend/break the laws. We are only human, and with being a human, we all make mistakes.

No need to apologize. What's done is done. I most certainly do not classify officers to the one I had an issue with years and years ago. Some cops are beyond outstanding, and some I don't care to associate with at all.

Too bad we may never meet, I'd like to share a beer with ya and talk some more. :beer:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
It's all good. I agree that EVERYONE, LEO's included, bend/break the laws. We are only human, and with being a human, we all make mistakes.

No need to apologize. What's done is done. I most certainly do not classify officers to the one I had an issue with years and years ago. Some cops are beyond outstanding, and some I don't care to associate with at all.

Too bad we may never meet, I'd like to share a beer with ya and talk some more. :beer:

Ill cheer to that, a good end to a discussion...no hard feelings :beer:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
You're still not explaining why the OFF DUTY Deputy is not afforded the same rights as every one else. See where I'm going with this?

When you say jail, do you mean arrested at the time of the stop and taken to jail or sentenced to jail time after court proceedings?

Let me ask you something...Is an Officer EVER off Duty? They still have the full power and authority as an ON Duty officer does, correct?
I'm only saying that no matter what, Off-Duty, On Duty, a Police Officer is not just a job, it's a part of your life.

Off Duty LEO's should be punished to the full extent of the law, same goes for anyone else, whether they are military personnel, politicians, civilians, etc.

Does this answer your question?

I do not know of the specifics of each, however, a couple of my friends were in jail for an extended period of time (not sure how long, most certainly over 72 Hours) and AFTER court proceedings.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member

Not taking anything personal here.. I've never been extremely religious, but I don't think that is Jesus' middle name and not sure what he has to do with this derailed topic. :shrug:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Not taking anything personal here.. I've never been extremely religious, but I don't think that is Jesus' middle name and not sure what he has to do with this derailed topic. :shrug:

baby Jesus would have been more appropriate i think...:D

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Let me ask you something...Is an Officer EVER off Duty? They still have the full power and authority as an ON Duty officer does, correct?
I'm only saying that no matter what, Off-Duty, On Duty, a Police Officer is not just a job, it's a part of your life.

Off Duty LEO's should be punished to the full extent of the law, same goes for anyone else, whether they are military personnel, politicians, civilians, etc.

Does this answer your question?

I do not know of the specifics of each, however, a couple of my friends were in jail for an extended period of time (not sure how long, most certainly over 72 Hours) and AFTER court proceedings.

Our Departmental policy clearly defines Off Duty and On Duty. Can that Deputy go out and have some drinks ON DUTY? NO! When his shift is over? YES he can.

So yes, we are off duty. As I am off duty now, sitting on my couch. Drinking a Coke Zero, watching my youngest son play with tractors. I'm not available for call for service, I can drink alcohol, make love to my wife, paint my face lime green and wear a lime green t-shirt that says **** off! All things I cannot do while on duty.

I will put this here so you understand it now...I already commented in the Deputy thread on how I feel about his actions, if you want to know then go read what I said

Let me ask you this. Do Deputies get the same Constitutional rights afforded to them as everyone else? Or did our "Oath" give those away?

Did your friends and family members lose their jobs, get fined and receive jail sentences before conviction?

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Our Departmental policy clearly defines Off Duty and On Duty. Can that Deputy go out and have some drinks ON DUTY? NO! When his shift is over? YES he can.

So yes, we are off duty. As I am off duty now, sitting on my couch. Drinking a Coke Zero, watching my youngest son play with tractors. I'm not available for call for service, I can drink alcohol, make love to my wife, paint my face lime green and wear a lime green t-shirt that says **** off! All things I cannot do while on duty.

I just about pissed my pants.

I will put this here so you understand it now...I already commented in the Deputy thread on how I feel about his actions, if you want to know then go read what I said

I read exactly what you wrote, that he should be punished, etc.

Let me ask you this. Do Deputies get the same Constitutional rights afforded to them as everyone else? Or did our "Oath" give those away?

The Oath does not alleviate those rights. Nothing does.

Did your friends and family members lose their jobs, get fined and receive jail sentences before conviction?

Two of my friends, and my Half-Brother lost their jobs, and my Father was suspended from the CFD with HALF BENEFITS for 1.5-2 Months prior to conviction. The City doesn't take kindly to City Employees breaking the law. However, I've known a few Chicago LEO's that have been pulled over while under the influence, and were never arrested, suspended, fired, etc. Not really relevant here, just commenting.

All except my Father was not fined/sentenced until AFTER conviction.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

there are certain sexual acts prohibited by old florida law still on the books, i break those routinely with the wife; also wearing highly offensive shirts off duty...:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread