suprise, another "SF" guy called out.

Dragu1a

Established Member
so i'm over at a friends house changing the belt on my car, he has a couple friends there that i didn't know. i over hear friend 1(mid twenties, little chubby) tell friend 2 that he can't ride crotch rockets anymore bc he had 2 knee replacements. when asked why, said he was in the military and has been blown up 14 times and all the fire fights he'd been in(red flag 1). i looked him over(no scars on either knee, red flag 2). i asked if i heard him correctly, and if he had 14 purple hearts...he said he only has 2.(red flag 3) then asked him "what ****ing unit were you with that let you go out and get blown up 14 times?" his reply "special forces group 5"(red flag 4). after more questioning, he realized i was a Marine and he was getting called out...he apparently forgot to mention a few minor details. he "wasn't SF, just attached to them"...this turd scuff was motor t *** and has been lying his ass to his friends that didn't know any better. i left it at that, but should've went after his purple heart claims. :bs:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
so i'm over at a friends house changing the belt on my car, he has a couple friends there that i didn't know. i over hear friend 1(mid twenties, little chubby) tell friend 2 that he can't ride crotch rockets anymore bc he had 2 knee replacements. when asked why, said he was in the military and has been blown up 14 times and all the fire fights he'd been in(red flag 1). i looked him over(no scars on either knee, red flag 2). i asked if i heard him correctly, and if he had 14 purple hearts...he said he only has 2.(red flag 3) then asked him "what ****ing unit were you with that let you go out and get blown up 14 times?" his reply "special forces group 5"(red flag 4). after more questioning, he realized i was a Marine and he was getting called out...he apparently forgot to mention a few minor details. he "wasn't SF, just attached to them"...this turd scuff was motor t *** and has been lying his ass to his friends that didn't know any better. i left it at that, but should've went after his purple heart claims. :bs:

I love the guys that were "attached to SF". I hear that line used so often these days. Acting as if they were door kickers and shooters in an ODA. And then when you call them out they like to revert to the classic line "I'm not allowed to talk about it". Not allowed to talk about fixing MRAPs back at the FOB?

Most of the time the real MOS is maintenance or commo. I also love hearing the "attached to SF" line from infantry types too. Just because you pulled security half a click away while they went on a raid doesn't mean you are some ninja SOF Tier 1 operator dude.

Dragu1a

Established Member
Haha, it's funny how they always forget to even mention the "attached" part until they get called out.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I love the guys that were "attached to SF". I hear that line used so often these days. Acting as if they were door kickers and shooters in an ODA. And then when you call them out they like to revert to the classic line "I'm not allowed to talk about it". Not allowed to talk about fixing MRAPs back at the FOB?

Most of the time the real MOS is maintenance or commo. I also love hearing the "attached to SF" line from infantry types too. Just because you pulled security half a click away while they went on a raid doesn't mean you are some ninja SOF Tier 1 operator dude.
. By some of their logic I can say I was SF as well since I worked on their computers nd provided them with interwebs

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
. By some of their logic I can say I was SF as well since I worked on their computers nd provided them with interwebs

Without you we could not get our PowerPoint Presentation CONOPs approved for execution, you had an important job at least!

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
what a DA!! sounds like a tard just trying to fit in.
that would be like me saying that i'm an eye surgeon....i assist, but don't actually remove anything. although i do get to make incisions with a laser!!!

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
HAHAHA yes!. I love it. I was chatting with a friend the other day and he was telling me about a guy we went to high school with, well he is a few years younger than I am.... anyway he was telling my about the guy named Tony, and told me Tony was SF. I was like yeah ok lol, well I get home and check into it (Tony and I are FB friends).... here he no shit is SF. I tracked down all his unit info, his deployments, his awards, etc well as much as I could, and everything is legit. I couldn't believe the little guy I used to beat up on in football had just got back from Afghan for the 4th time. It was legit, skeptical at first but after talking to tony who is out now here recently its actually pretty cool. You should here some stories from him about when he is at bars and folks tell him they were SF lol

Dragu1a

Established Member

i saw a couple Recon guys in the fob once....so, you know....i can't really talk about it.

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
you know when you drop a heavy dump and it leaves them scuff marks on the bottom of the shitter as it's going down? that's a turd scuff.

I figured thats what it was. Thats comedy right there. I usually call them drag marks, but turd scuffs is funnier. Good one...

motorider228

Established Member
People like this make me sick. I hate even getting "thank yous" from people because the only things I had to worry about in Afghanistan were sun burns, IDF and having a shit so big that it piles up and touches my balls in the cadillacs. ****ing accept that you're not special.

Last edited:

SOCOMech

Established Member
I met plenty of those types as well.....here and on the FOB in Iraq. I would over hear some guy talking about a "mission they went on with the ODA guys" the other night, when I knew for a fact that the team I was with didn't have anything that night. Now I will be the first to admit that I am NOT SF (contractor), but I can say that I would consider living with them on their compound, reporting to the team sgt., living off of their supplies, playing with their weapons, going into town and being with them practically 24/7 for over two years as "attached" to them. That was honestly some of the best and coolest couple of years of my life.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I met plenty of those types as well.....here and on the FOB in Iraq. I would over hear some guy talking about a "mission they went on with the ODA guys" the other night, when I knew for a fact that the team I was with didn't have anything that night. Now I will be the first to admit that I am NOT SF (contractor), but I can say that I would consider living with them on their compound, reporting to the team sgt., living off of their supplies, playing with their weapons, going into town and being with them practically 24/7 for over two years as "attached" to them. That was honestly some of the best and coolest couple of years of my life.

Attached in a support role and recognizing it as such is one thing, being "attached" to them in a support role as a mechanic, cook, commo what ever and acting like they were running along side them during raids, fast ropping out of CH-47's, kicking in doors and free falling from 30,00ft is another. I've met soooooo many of the later.

Users who are viewing this thread