Surf vid I threw together from Hurricane Earl..

wh1plsh

Established Member
Earl gave us some pretty sick surf on the Outer Banks and I managed to get a little bit of footage check it! watch in HD of course..
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFpKYG3P8zQ"]YouTube - Hurricane Earl Surf OBX[/nomedia]

Last edited:

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Cool Vid! Some of them waves look huge! What song is that playing in the background?

wh1plsh

Established Member
thanks man :beer: they were ranging anywhere from 10-16ft! the songs called: Anarchy in Tokyo- 30 seconds to Mars

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome video. Just out of curiosity, how dangerous were those waters?

wh1plsh

Established Member
Awesome video. Just out of curiosity, how dangerous were those waters?
Pretty dangerous if ur not an experienced surfer. The rip currents that day were as bad as it gets. Ya can't touch since the waves were breaking so far out. Not to mention falling off and getting drug by the wave which happened to me. They are super powerful, and almost impossible to duck dive. its scary but it was totally worth it! Any other day isn't too too dangerous

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pretty dangerous if ur not an experienced surfer. The rip currents that day were as bad as it gets. Ya can't touch since the waves were breaking so far out. Not to mention falling off and getting drug by the wave which happened to me. They are super powerful, and almost impossible to duck dive. its scary but it was totally worth it! Any other day isn't too too dangerous

I kind of expected that experience plays a major role. Looks like a ton of fun, but be safe! ;-)

wh1plsh

Established Member
awesome! Not much people in the water which is always nice

yeah its funny everyone was talking a big game until it was time to actually paddle out. There were about a dozen surfers north of us but for the most part ppl were just too afraid so they spectated..

jarryd2018

Established Member
That looks like fun, I've always wanted to move somewhere coastal and take up surfing. It's something I feel like I'd pick up quick, I was always good at anything that involves riding a board, but surfing is the coolest of all of them to me.

Users who are viewing this thread