Suspension Help

synergydetail

Established Member
Hey all,

Looking to upgrade my 12’ GT500 SVTPP suspension and lower approx 1”-1.5”. Car is driven on street only on Northern California roads. Eventually I would like to do a full Cortex system, however, in the meantime I’d like to get some more performance and reduce that wheel gap too! My thoughts thus far:

Eibach Pro lowering kit
BMR UCA + LCA

Replacing front / rear shocks?

Open to any and all setups!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Good start, you might not need to replace the shocks with the pro kit. You can start with the springs and if you feel the car too bouncy then you should invest in adjustable shocks.
Also consider upper and lower brackets for the control arms, you'll need them when lowering the car. Then drive it and see where you want to go next.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
- you don't need to replace the shocks and struts with the ProKit
- you do not need lower control arm relocation brackets
- I replaced my struts and shocks because of my mileage (40k) and only wanted to rip things apart once due to the McPherson design.

I went from factory everything to modding my entire car in 2 weeks. I drove the car 300 miles to and from down the same crappy interstate and after the mods could no doubt feel where my money was spent in all aspects of the car. I kept my suspension SIMPLE.

And saved a lot of money buying during sales events

Some other points to take into consideration, tires play a part into the wheel hop.
When you lower your car you may incur changing the pinion angle of the factory driveshaft. That's why I went one piece DSS.

I've been on the roads in NorCal they can be fun, or crappy, depending on the setup. My mod thread is here and post #1 has, what I think, are the basics

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/bone-stock-to-fully-modded-11.1166686/

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
- you do not need lower control arm relocation brackets
Well you may not need them, but lowering the rear an 1" or more and your instant center is no longer in a position to help launch the car. If the front of your lower control arm is lower than the rear, you really should get relocation brackets.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
^ correct.
Picture I saved from awhile ago that explains

33870147458_febe2b967c_c.jpg

Attachments

• 33870147458_febe2b967c_c.jpg
    33870147458_febe2b967c_c.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 170

Users who are viewing this thread