Suspension Install Help

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Im looking for a place around the DFW area to have suspension installed. I had plans with a friend to use his lift and maybe learn a thing or two about how to install for future reference, but i found out this weekend its gonna be about a month before he can get around to helping me out. Parts im looking to install

Koni's
FRPP Springs
GT500 strut mounts

I didnt want to buy camber bolts and panhard until i knew for sure i would need them or know the size of camber bolts needed.

I have never done a suspension install so i dont really know where to start. Im open to ideas if someone local wanted to help install and i could throw some cash and beer your way for your efforts. Otherwise if you know of a good shop post em up.

Thanks

gtmiller1001

Established Member
I did mine and countless others on previous vehicles.

I'd be glad to help if you want to make a trip to Tyler (and supply some beer for the job).

Probably end up spending quite a bit less than having a shop do it.

rudy5.0

Established Member
1st post on here but have been lurking since my purchase in 10/2010. Thats nice of gtmiller1001. I would go that route if u can :) I got my done at Stett performance in Plano 2 weeks ago. Had to drop the car off but it was done on the same day. Just needed to get an alignment after.

I've been going there for yrs when i had my BMW. Found out that Chad at Stett has a 5.0 so I took it there since I've had such great service from them prior to my GT. He's working a turbo charger kit and other mods for his 5.0. You're looking at around $250, probably less for the install. I had Steeda sports, koni yellows and a panhard bar installed.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
I did mine and countless others on previous vehicles.

I'd be glad to help if you want to make a trip to Tyler (and supply some beer for the job).

Probably end up spending quite a bit less than having a shop do it.

Oddly enough, i know quite a few people from Tyler. I was just at Dallas Raceway with a few people from tyler. Happen to know a guy with a Sterling Grey Mustang w/ TSW's named Cameron? Maybe an Alan with a BT Mazdaspeed 3?

1st post on here but have been lurking since my purchase in 10/2010. Thats nice of gtmiller1001. I would go that route if u can :) I got my done at Stett performance in Plano 2 weeks ago. Had to drop the car off but it was done on the same day. Just needed to get an alignment after.

I've been going there for yrs when i had my BMW. Found out that Chad at Stett has a 5.0 so I took it there since I've had such great service from them prior to my GT. He's working a turbo charger kit and other mods for his 5.0. You're looking at around $250, probably less for the install. I had Steeda sports, koni yellows and a panhard bar installed.

$250 is super cheap compared to others i have checked. $225 is what i was quoted for a spring install!!!! haha
BTW Welcome to the forum

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
do the install yourself, a lift is not needed for a suspension install, you dont need to go under at all really. Id go ahead and get the phb as it will shift to the drivers side a little, and Id buy the camber bolts and install them only if needed. I think the 14mm are the size for our cars.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
do the install yourself, a lift is not needed for a suspension install, you dont need to go under at all really. Id go ahead and get the phb as it will shift to the drivers side a little, and Id buy the camber bolts and install them only if needed. I think the 14mm are the size for our cars.

Other than BMR is an adjustable panhard bar what others out there are just as good

5pointslo

Established Member
I agree I would def. get an adj phb.
I went ahead and did lower control arms an reloction brackets. Not sure if they are necessary but I would think it would help since the car will now sit lower .

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Other than BMR is an adjustable panhard bar what others out there are just as good

i have a maximum motorsports bar and it's a nice piece, i like it.

My dad and i did my spring and lower rear control arm job on my car on our backs in a couple hours. It wasn't bad at all.

TaraFirma

Established Member

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
I would go that route if u can :) I got my done at Stett performance in Plano 2 weeks ago. Had to drop the car off but it was done on the same day. Just needed to get an alignment after.

Thanks for the advice on a great company. Chad is at Sema this week, but i called and spoke with David @ Stett(austrailian guy with a bullit i think) and he got me scheduled down for the following Saturday for a little under $240 for installing

Koni's, springs, panhard, strut mounts, camber bolts.

Not a bad deal IMO :beer:

gtmiller1001

Established Member
Oddly enough, i know quite a few people from Tyler. I was just at Dallas Raceway with a few people from tyler. Happen to know a guy with a Sterling Grey Mustang w/ TSW's named Cameron? Maybe an Alan with a BT Mazdaspeed 3?

$250 is super cheap compared to others i have checked. $225 is what i was quoted for a spring install!!!! haha
BTW Welcome to the forum

I pulled up next to Cameron at a light one day. We had same mods and he smoked me (I missed 3rd :fm:) MGW shifter should help out w/that.

Other than that, I don't really know the guy, just of him and saw him that once. Don't know Alan.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
I pulled up next to Cameron at a light one day. We had same mods and he smoked me (I missed 3rd :fm:) MGW shifter should help out w/that.

Other than that, I don't really know the guy, just of him and saw him that once. Don't know Alan.

Only met the guy a few times (Track outings), First time out to Dallas Raceway he ran a 12.5 with tune, O/R H, Intake, Springs, and some nittos. I ran the same with intake and e tune only. About a month ago we went out again and i wanted a race, but he never would line up for a roll....just consistantly roaring by be. He said the track was too packed when he got there so he left.

Also met a guy from Tyler that night, although i cant remember his name, but he bought the first production Boss 302.
Lots of collectors contacted him about the car and wanted to purchase, but this guy bought it to drive it. Anyhow, a collector came along and offered to buy him another brand new boss 302 and pay off his old one. He took the deal, so now he drives #333 and was putting it through the paces that night with me on the track. Very cool guy

Ordie

Established Member
Depending on your springs, you may need more than the 1 DEG of camber the Eibach bolts give you. I wet with the BMR bolts that give a full +/- 2 degrees of camber adjustment. I also got the BMR adj Panhard Rod. It's really nice.

2005 - 2011 Shelby GT500 | Caster & Camber Components | FC001 - Camber Bolts, Front 2 Degree Offset | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis
The Eibachs give more than 1° ( +/- 1.75° actually).....

I had to go to Eibachs website to get the complete details. The LRS description sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread