Suspention Question

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
We are trying to figure out what to do with the car suspension wise. We have been looking at bmr and they have some good parts but I am not sure what we need. We want the car to handle well but also be comfortable at the drag strip:shrug: . What would you suggest? The car will be most likely going to eibach for coil-overs:shrug: but as far as control arms, panhard bar, ect what do you think? This will not be a daily driver and will never see bad weather so that does not factor in as far as drive-ability is concerned but we don't want the car to stiff to the point that it rattles it self apart. Is their such a thing as a suspension set up that allows you to have the best of both worlds.
My knowledge of suspension is strictly drag racing knowledge I don't know how to make a car go around a corner:read: (this is where Bruce could help).

Sorry about all of the questions look forward to the replies

Thanks

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Wait for Griggs or MM to release their components.

How Long do you think it will be? A few weeks? A few months?

And again thanks for the information.:thumbsup:

TAHOE GT

Established Member
I went with Spohn products, but I heard their shop burned to the ground shortly after they sent the last of my stuff. They're pretty much the same as BMR. I installed an adj. panhard bar (my axle was 1/2" to the left) which saved 5lbs, adj lca's and an adj. uca. I think that you could just start with a uca, as this was the last item I installed and it had the greatest effect on wheel hop and didn't add any extra diff noise into the cabin. All total I think I saved about 14lbs from the lighter components. I went with rod end/urethane combo. so straight urethane would be lighter still.

Fourcam330

Established Member
11ride4life said:

I'm trying to find out more about the S197 stuff right now. The reason I said wait for Griggs/MM is because they actually R&D their components, unlike pretty much everyone else out there; which is why their parts work, and are also more expensive.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
11ride4life said:
We are trying to figure out what to do with the car suspension wise. We have been looking at bmr and they have some good parts but I am not sure what we need. We want the car to handle well but also be comfortable at the drag strip:shrug: . What would you suggest? The car will be most likely going to eibach for coil-overs:shrug: but as far as control arms, panhard bar, ect what do you think? This will not be a daily driver and will never see bad weather so that does not factor in as far as drive-ability is concerned but we don't want the car to stiff to the point that it rattles it self apart. Is their such a thing as a suspension set up that allows you to have the best of both worlds.
My knowledge of suspension is strictly drag racing knowledge I don't know how to make a car go around a corner:read: (this is where Bruce could help).

Sorry about all of the questions look forward to the replies

Thanks

Evan:

I can't help you for the drag racing aspect of it because that's not really my bag. I'm sure there are plenty drag racers here that can help you with that? Having said that, the SRA is not unlike the IRS and soft rubber bushings need to be replaced with something a little less compliant.

Rumor has it Multi Matic (the Boy Racer and Man Racer folks) is working on a GT500 suspension package upgrade. What exactly it will be is yet to be determined. My guess is front struts, rear shocks and four lowering springs with an aggressive rate? This kit will be sold through the Ford Racing Catalog. That's what I think I'm going to hold out for? Those guys know their stuff.

Hope that helps?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
11ride4life said:

this is the qoute i gave andy from griggs on thier new s197 suspension.
Orders are being taken for GR40 S197 chassis systems, which are nearing the end of production of the first batch. A full release with pictures of this remarkable kit will be released shortly. A GR40 equipped 05 GT was recently test driven on track by a well known motorsports journalist. Upon exiting the car he searched for words and then just said “WOW!” Stay tuned…

rubiten from socal and this site has his mustang gt up in sonoma being r and d right now. talk to him he might have more info for you. i also believe he is a road racer and can give you some great advice. also located in socal in trevor(roadracin) who works for scosche audio. he has the full griggs in his 03 blown mach 1 that was in motor trend 3 years ago, again a road racer with great imput on road suspension.

i would call both mm and griggs and get the latest details on thier products.:beer:

chuckstang

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Evan:

I can't help you for the drag racing aspect of it because that's not really my bag. I'm sure there are plenty drag racers here that can help you with that? Having said that, the SRA is not unlike the IRS and soft rubber bushings need to be replaced with something a little less compliant.

Rumor has it Multi Matic (the Boy Racer and Man Racer folks) is working on a GT500 suspension package upgrade. What exactly it will be is yet to be determined. My guess is front struts, rear shocks and four lowering springs with an aggressive rate? This kit will be sold through the Ford Racing Catalog. That's what I think I'm going to hold out for? Those guys know their stuff.

Hope that helps?

+1, you are right on. I got the new frpp catalog for 07 and all those parts you speak of are in it just with no prices of course, but this is what I will get because you know there was plenty of r&d that went into it.
Build your own man racer for alot less than 250k !!! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread