SVE FR500 Steering Wheels

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Yeah it looks like a great deal and a quality part, maybe they will have a replacement 10th anniversary wheel out soon, along with shift boot, knob, and ebrake boot.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Nice find OP! And congrats on finding the JLT CF RAI. If you ever decide to sell the CF RAI Cover, let me know :beer:

Thank you very much, it was nice to lay the obsessive search to rest. I'll be sure to let you know if I decide to part with the heat shield. The search for a M-2301-J pulley cover is now my obsession. Maybe I'll get lucky again.

SJ SNAKE

Venomous
Established Member
Thank you very much, it was nice to lay the obsessive search to rest. I'll be sure to let you know if I decide to part with the heat shield. The search for a M-2301-J pulley cover is now my obsession. Maybe I'll get lucky again.

I'm sure you'll find it. Just be diligent in your search :burnout:

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Didn't the FR500 wheel have thicker grips at the 10 and 2 position?

Are you by chance talking about thumb bolsters? The 10th anniversary and mystichrome wheels had the thumb bolsters. As far as I know the FR500 unit was just all around thicker than the stock wheel.

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
FR 500 is thicker and has perforated leather.

DSC_0313_zpskpja2esc.jpg

RichM1983

Established Member
Are you by chance talking about thumb bolsters? The 10th anniversary and mystichrome wheels had the thumb bolsters. As far as I know the FR500 unit was just all around thicker than the stock wheel.

I must be thinking of the 10th wheel. I was sure that the FR500 wheels had them but I was wrong lol.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Yup, seen this the other day on Facebook. I have a original FR500 I was just saving in my closet and didn't want to use it cause of how "rare" they are. Going to order a replica from LMR as well, hopefully they come up with replica shift knobs & 10th anniversary interior parts.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Only good thing about our cars getting older is they are remaking parts now! Ha

Yep! Our cars are getting to the point where those impossible to find parts unless you empty your piggy bank are about to be reproduced. All we need now is for the 10th anniversary stuff and 01 tail lights need to be reproduced.

03cobraracer

Established Member
Yeah I had all the 10th stuff at one time and had to sell it all. Only thing I still have is my 10th mats which are currently in my car

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Yep! Our cars are getting to the point where those impossible to find parts unless you empty your piggy bank are about to be reproduced. All we need now is for the 10th anniversary stuff and 01 tail lights need to be reproduced.

The 01 Tails would be nice but I heard some where their is a patent which is why they haven't been reproduced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member

The whole set up looks so much better with the cf heat shield. Expecially with sonic blue. You know they make a cf radiator cover as well. That would go well with your car

Users who are viewing this thread