SVO Hood?

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
Anyone here run the SVO Hood on their '03? The one with the scoop right in the middle of it? Anyone make it functional? Just curious, any pics would be helpful. Thanks!!! :p

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't believe the regular SVO will fit because of the supercharger being so high. It would have to be the Cobra R/SVO hood that is raised. Nice hood, but it isn't the original. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This version of the SVO hood (Cobra R hump) looks absolutely sweet of the '03/'04 Cobra. It's not the original SVO and that's actually a good thing. I wouldn't personally like the original on the '03/'04 even if it DID fit. I'd love to get that picture in hi-rez so I could use it as my desktop. :p

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just looked at that hood again. That's the hood they should have put on our cars to begin with!
:beer:

BlKvNm

Established Member
Here are a couple of more views/angles...I did lots of research before I bought this one...it is functional...took some minor creativity (bbq mesh for grill) but turned out just right. Good luck man, I think these hoods look sweet on our cars!

Cobrasep0307.JPG

May03dd32.jpg

peace and hair grease

Weasel

Established Member
It's amazing how different that hood makes the car look. Nice job !

Mike

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
i think it looks good, but it reminds me too much of a chebby SS, i really like the stock hood tho, still very mean.

Phantom_LS2

bringing the pain!!!
Established Member
BlKvNm, you car already looks so badass! I think it would look killer with an s-281 wing on the back. Also...get some of these...
profil11.jpg

BlKvNm

Established Member
Thanks guys and I got the hood from ABC Exclusive...I've had Cervini in the past and this one fit just as nice and saved a few bucks to boot. I think it ran me 329.00...

Here's a link to ABC...

ABC Hoods

Last edited:

jfclague

Established Member
Originally posted by BlKvNm
Thanks guys and I got the hood from ABC Exclusive...I've had Cervini in the past and this one fit just as nice and saved a few bucks to boot. I think it ran me 329.00...

Here's a link to ABC...

ABC Hoods

Was it a direct replacement or did you have to do some modifications?

Thanks

BlKvNm

Established Member
Zero modifications...perfect fit. These hood manufacturers have come a long way...most these days will fit without having to mod.

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
Thanks for all the info BlkvNm. That's the next thing I will be ordering for my cobra! :)

EDIT: Hey I looked at the site and the scoop is not open, What'd you use to open it and make it look clean with your custom bbq grille? or did you let the body shop do that ? Thanks again for all the info!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread