SVO Mustangs??

BittenInBama

Established Member
Vancouver83LTD said:
So, SVOCA is dedicated to preserving cars...
What about this?

This car is an ungodly mess, and it, imo, should probably be parted out...

Yeah, now we're talking!! Just post that very thread on the SVOCA site and it will be just like throwing a rock into a hornet's nest :banana: ;-)

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
lol, well what's salvageable?
Part of the headlights and front bumper, possibly?
lol
i like SVO's but dude, nobody in their sane mind is going to try and restore and perserve that car, it's too hacked up

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
I always thought they were similar to a 93 R suspension wise. I had the opportunity to buy an 85.5, and passed on it for whatever reason. I wish I would have picked it up. Ford actually made some of those as SCCA showroom stock race cars. I saw one of those online for sale a few years back, they wanted like $14K. I should have bought that one too!!

69hahaha

Established Member
IEatGt's said:
I always thought they were similar to a 93 R suspension wise. I had the opportunity to buy an 85.5, and passed on it for whatever reason. I wish I would have picked it up. Ford actually made some of those as SCCA showroom stock race cars. I saw one of those online for sale a few years back, they wanted like $14K. I should have bought that one too!!

You may have seen a Comp Prep which is done like an R model, no power windows or locks, no a/c or radio.

BittenInBama

Established Member
Vancouver83LTD said:
lol, well what's salvageable?
Part of the headlights and front bumper, possibly?
lol
i like SVO's but dude, nobody in their sane mind is going to try and restore and perserve that car, it's too hacked up

Dont read forums on the SVOCA site, huh?!? :-D If theres a vin plate and a straight panel....someone would snatch it up.

Disclaimer: only reason one wouldnt was if the seller is on their "black list" of ebay sellers. Guys that chop up "good" SVOs and sell for parts.

Post it and see. :pop:

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:
You mean like an 83 LTD?? :p

Well, what does my sedan have over that e-bay SVO?
Engine
documentation
all original parts
one caring owner before me
isn't hacked to death...

Hey PC, my car is in way better shape than that SVO... Way, way better.
Probably one of the best condition LTD's
So, really I didn't go for the shittiest condition car, I went for one of the best. So before you make another comment, you can STFU ;-) :beer:
:thumbsup:

I'm just playing btw :poke:
calm down

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
:lol: :lol:

I'm just pullin' your 5.0 chain. I used to laugh at the LTD's until I saw one run low 10's at the track :eek: :bowdown:

Fox chassis with Mustang motor = SUPER SLEEPER.

Get that bad boy runnin', and make sure you do a TT setup just to rub people's faces in it. :thumbsup:

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:
:lol: :lol:

I'm just pullin' your 5.0 chain. I used to laugh at the LTD's until I saw one run low 10's at the track :eek: :bowdown:

Fox chassis with Mustang motor = SUPER SLEEPER.

Get that bad boy runnin', and make sure you do a TT setup just to rub people's faces in it. :thumbsup:

not just yet...
Logical thing to do is save up and run the 3.8L into the ground - stll has tons of life, when it goes, in will come the 5-0...
I'd do a TT or SC, not sure which...
Would love to give it SVO running gear though ;-)

Leave the outside stock, right down to the blue pinstripes and the 14' chrome wire hubcaps, and just laugh and laugh :lol1:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Vancouver83LTD said:
Well, what does my sedan have over that e-bay SVO?
Engine
documentation
all original parts
one caring owner before me
isn't hacked to death...

Hey PC, my car is in way better shape than that SVO... Way, way better.
Probably one of the best condition LTD's
So, really I didn't go for the shittiest condition car, I went for one of the best. So before you make another comment, you can STFU ;-) :beer:
:thumbsup:

I'm just playing btw :poke:
calm down

All-orignal parts aren't usually the best in the rust belt.

mustangjr

Banned
That svo is so sad. I agree you can't post on that site anything bad about a svo. If you even think about posting about modding or parting out a SVO you will get in trouble with the diehard Svo moderators.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
Vancouver83LTD said:
So, SVOCA is dedicated to preserving cars...
What about this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ory=6236&item=4529155355&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

This car is an ungodly mess, and it, imo, should probably be parted out...
I thought mine was in bad shape, that thing is junk. At least mine has the rear wing, motor, turbo, upgraded intercooler, new clutch, new injectors, new rims and tires, the front seats need recovering but it's closer to original than that.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
More, paint would be half that, plus those rear wings are almost impossible to find. I think it's definitely a parts car, it's just too much stuff missing or parts you have to put back on it.

Users who are viewing this thread