SVT-Contour Prototype Photos/Video, Bondurant, Lightning Vid

boumacj

I just cracked open my archives and pulled out some pics and videos.
If you're on Contour.org, you probably already saw this stuff.

1) SVT Contour pre-production photos. Plus a 1998 Atlantic Blue Cobra, 1995 Cobra R #2/250.

MISC Film pics, SVT, others

cont1.jpg

2) Bondurant SVT Contours at Delivery (I need to rescan...)

2.jpg

12.jpg
Old post but as the previous owner of two of these Bondurant Contour SVTs, I believe the red car above is the one that became Bondurant CSVT #1. Same car in both sets of pictures, cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Very cool.
I picked up a collector quality ‘00 Silver Frost with 9000miles back in 2007-08. I daily drove it for 4yrs to over 80k miles and loved that car. Should have never sold it. I’d probably still take the ‘89 SHO I had over it though, hard to top that 3.0 Yamaha motor!
-J

boumacj

Very cool.
I picked up a collector quality ‘00 Silver Frost with 9000miles back in 2007-08. I daily drove it for 4yrs to over 80k miles and loved that car. Should have never sold it. I’d probably still take the ‘89 SHO I had over it though, hard to top that 3.0 Yamaha motor!
-J
I remember you from CEG! Glad you’re still around. Keep an eye on BringaTrailer over the next few months. A low mileage silver frost (not mine) is coming.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
My '95 Cobra R was a cool car back in the day. Though I prefer my '93 Cobra.

I'd rather have either over any new Mustang.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I remember you from CEG! Glad you’re still around. Keep an eye on BringaTrailer over the next few months. A low mileage silver frost (not mine) is coming.
Yes I enjoyed that site and joined other CSVT guys during my time in Pittsburgh. I’m pretty sure my car was used in a photoshoot where we got one of each color together for a pick under a Pittsburgh bridge. Never got the calendar as planned unfortunately.
I still have a real ST220 that I personally dropped off at Extrude hone outside of Pittsburgh. I had intended to keep the car fairly stock but with a 3L with ported heads, mild cams and the ST220 ported intake.
If you know anyone trying to build a nice CSVT I’d almost give it away.
-J

boumacj

Yes I enjoyed that site and joined other CSVT guys during my time in Pittsburgh. I’m pretty sure my car was used in a photoshoot where we got one of each color together for a pick under a Pittsburgh bridge. Never got the calendar as planned unfortunately.
I still have a real ST220 that I personally dropped off at Extrude hone outside of Pittsburgh. I had intended to keep the car fairly stock but with a 3L with ported heads, mild cams and the ST220 ported intake.
If you know anyone trying to build a nice CSVT I’d almost give it away.
-J
I’m interested. I am buying back one of my Bondurant cars and one of the PPG cars I used to own. I also have Rob Walton’s CSVT Racecar.
Shoot me a PM.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cool, old photos. They took me back a bit. I can't remember the last time I saw a Contour SVT, let alone a regular Contour.

Silver95

Established Member
I’d love a bone stock csvt today.

I live in Canada and a few years ago I spotted a mega clean red one. Left my number with no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Miss my old SVT Contour sometimes, the thing was so fun to drive. Like Bob, I haven't seen one in years, and the last one I saw was in pretty rough shape.

P1010008_Edited.jpg

jvert

Established Member
I owned two CSVT. Here is my silver frost that I sold with 26,XXX miles to a Ford executive. Drove from Michigan to pick it up. you can see his rig in the back round. This was like 3 years ago. The new owner is a collector and had a 93 cobra R as well.
F7C5AE96-74C7-4AFF-ACA2-C795D724EF56.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread