Svt Focus At Invoice?

SoCaLCobra79

Established Member
Just saw that the SVT Foucs has a $3000 rebate! Can anyone get them for invoice??

Anyone??

Let me know!

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
I believe the rebate only applies to 2004 models.

I had looked at buying a new SVT and looked at '03 and '04 and I ended up buying a normal ZX3 2.3 5 speed instead because I am 6'6" and the dealer only had Euro package cars with sunroofs and my head hit the headliner with the seats all the way down.

So I opted for the regular car with the rebate and the transferrable 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain.

'03 cars also had the extended powertrain warranty but it is non-transferrable on '03 models.

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
SoCal, most dealers will probably get there, or darn near it. My dealership sold most of our SVTFs over the years darn near invoice. And the rebate would still apply, and the 5yr/100K ptrn wrrty would still apply. Good luck man! E-

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
I just picked up an '04 and got the $3,000 rebate and then some. Sticker was 21,6xx. I paid $16,400.

Closing in on 1,000 miles now and I'm lovin' this little 23mpg+ thing!!:-D :beer: :rockon:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Originally posted by Tell3131
That is incorrect. The warranty is transferable.

If that is the case then I was misinformed by our sales department.

I was told that the 5 year 100,000 powertrain for '03 was non-transferable and that for '04 they changed the program.

If I am incorrect I apologise.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Originally posted by SoCaLCobra79
How was the sticker 21xxx, thought they were 19xxx?

The final price on my '04 was $21,xxx after all options etc. NO Euro package.

Maybe the BASE PRICE is $19K,, I'm not sure?

Tell1331

Established Member
Originally posted by FORDSVTPARTS
If that is the case then I was misinformed by our sales department.

I was told that the 5 year 100,000 powertrain for '03 was non-transferable and that for '04 they changed the program.

If I am incorrect I apologise.

Don't worry about it. You will find that salespeople are mis-informed about 99.8% of the time.
Ford started the 5 year 100,000 powertrain warranty with the 2003 Focus and it is a transferable warranty, just like the 2004.

Anyway, it is a great car. Have fun!!!!! :beer:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Don't worry about it. You will find that salespeople are mis-informed about 99.8% of the time.
Ford started the 5 year 100,000 powertrain warranty with the 2003 Focus and it is a transferable warranty, just like the 2004.

You are 100 percent correct 2003 did have a transferrable warranty I just checked the Ford website and there it was in black and white.......This is a perfect example of why I hate car salesman.:bash:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member

Yea right, I am master certified on every vehicle Ford markets, and everyone in our dealer is fully Ford certified. We know our shit. Customers and forum posters are usualy one-model 'experts'. I should email you the 650/750/750S chassis-cab product test and see how you fare. :rollseyes Better study up on your kick-up frame availability and the differences of the 15+ available transmissions and engine configurations whiz-kid.

They probably didnt know if he was talking about a Focus factory warranty or an aftermarket Ford ESP.

Last edited:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Originally posted by KevinB120
Yea right, I am master certified on every vehicle Ford markets, and everyone in our dealer is fully Ford certified. We know our shit. Customers and forum posters are usualy one-model 'experts'. I should email you the 650/750/750S chassis-cab product test and see how you fare. :rollseyes Better study up on your kick-up frame availability and the differences of the 15+ available transmissions and engine configurations whiz-kid.

They probably didnt know if he was talking about a Focus factory warranty or an aftermarket Ford ESP.

Are you a new/used car salesman?

I have worked at Ford Lincoln Mercury dealerships for 15 years and I have purchased vehicles at quite a few dealerships and as much as it pains me to put the business in a bad light new/used vehicle salespeople in general have not a clue about the cars they are selling.

I am not saying there are no good salespeople out there, I am saying that from my experience they are few and far between.

I have worked at four different dealerships including one that carried Chrysler/Jeep so I have a pretty wide range of experience to look at.

In our department every new vehicle sale and refferal gets sent to one particular salesman because he is the only one who has consistently done a good job for his customers, I personally have bought 3 cars from him and given him 2 new car refferals and I know that everyone in our 60 person parts department sends their business to him and our sales staff seems to be somewhere around 25 to 30 salespeople on staff at any given time.

So if you are a new/used car salesperson the criticism is not aimed at you personally but that side of the business has earned its reputation over many years.

bananabuggy

Established Member
EVERY salesperson I have dealt with over the years has known less about the car in question than me except for one. WHen I show up at the dealer I am prepared with knowledge of the machine and knowledge of what I am willing to pay and what is available as far as deals. I find it quite irritating when they don't do their part. The first dealership I went to looking for an SVT weren't up to snuff so I walked. I had to show the salesman how the car worked and after all the education I gave him they wanted MSRP minus rebate for the car. The next salesman gave me THE price via e-mail before I came in, knew about SVTs and all that goes with, had owned an RS200 in the UK, and we went for a merry thrash on a demo ride. Needless to say I bought from them.

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
KevinB120 said:

how hard is it to put a "regular" :shrug: bed on a 450 or 550? can I get it from the factory that way? if so how much :)

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
chunkysoup said:
how hard is it to put a "regular" :shrug: bed on a 450 or 550? can I get it from the factory that way? if so how much :)

There are two different frames on Super duty trucks a narrow frame and a wide frame.

The wide frame is what would normally come with a pickup box from Ford, The narrow frame would have come from Ford without a box.

The narrow frame does not bump up over the rear axle, it is a straight horizontal shot the full length of the rear section of the frame.

The wide frame is a little lower and therefore has to bump up over the rear axle area.

I have no idea how hard it would be to do.

I would look in the yellow pages and find a company that installs utility boxes and see what they think, I know it would not be a direct bolt on.

Last edited:

Tell1331

Established Member
KevinB120 said:

Ok, I just saw this. . . Anyway, did I claim that I knew everything about the car world? No I didn't. In fact I will be the first to admit that I probably know less than 90% of the people on here when it comes to engines, mechanics, etc. Although I do know about the warranty on a Focus SVT, and if I am sitting in a dealership talking to a salesman he better know the answer or go find it if he doesn't. I still hold true that 99.8% of the car salespeople out their don't know their product. Now if you do, then you are part of the .2% crowd. Congratulations, Master Certified Mechanic Salesperson Car Dealer of Ford Products in the galaxy. You are the smartest sale**** that I have ever met, congratulations! :bowdown:

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
thanks, thats what I was thinking, too much $$$ for me :)
FORDSVTPARTS said:
There are two different frames on Super duty trucks a narrow frame and a wide frame.

The wide frame is what would normally come with a pickup box from Ford, The narrow frame would have come from Ford without a box.

The narrow frame does not bump up over the rear axle, it is a straight horizontal shot the full length of the rear section of the frame.

The wide frame is a little lower and therefore has to bump up over the rear axle area.

I have no idea how hard it would be to do.

I would look in the yellow pages and find a company that installs utility boxes and see what they think, I know it would not be a direct bolt on.

Users who are viewing this thread