SVT has gone away!

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Originally posted by jwfisher
Ah, typical kid. You equate what you drive with being a man. There's a lot more to it than that!

Fast cars break retard. It's a part of life. Not everything can be bulletproof. You just had a typical response for someone who is dillusional :rolleyes: . Raw power is what men like in a MUSCLE car, it's been this way for decades. If you want refined power, buy your ferrari, but I gaurentee you will not be bulletproof.

You are just another one of the morons who buys a car, think's its the best thing out, than when he realizes it isn't, you bitch about every little thing wrong with.

SVT would have been MUCH better off without whiney owners complaining about every little thing there is. Get a ****ing life, loser :nono: . Go buy a huffy, because you sure as hell don't belong in a car, let alone a car that is marketed for having raw power.
:loser:

lethal

Established Member
Originally posted by Torch Red 10th
VERY QUIET and awesome gas mileage. Power is a HUGE surprise. It has almost as much power as the V6 Escape. Unbelievable to me because the V6 Escape is pretty quick. The towing capacity is kinda low, but other than that, it is a great vehicle. "The Utlimate Drive-by Vehicle". Hopefully gang members will never figure out a Hybrid vehicle is the best for drive-by use. I almost got hit at a cross walk going into work because I didn't hear anything coming and I stepped out of an aisle walking into work when someone was test-driving one in the parking lot.

That's what I wanted to hear. I'm probably going to pick one up in a year or two, once the Cobra hits 50K, then she's a weekend warrior.

nuxx

Established Member
Oh well the new Mustang is a huge step backwards in exterior and interior design (might be better quality), but being 23, I can't see myself driving a car that has design elements of a 40 year old car.

The last thing I would ever want is a Saleen or Rousch car either... no Cobra, no care.

The last few months I have decided to jump ship from Mustangs anyway. Just waiting to see if I go the 06 Z06 or 06 M3 route :) Either 500hp 7L 3000lbs, or 400hp V8 and very nice car...

It's been fun owning 4 Cobras... but there is no number 5 in my future.
-Peter

Last edited:

jwfisher

Banned
Originally posted by ITSTOCK
SVT would have been MUCH better off without whiney owners complaining about every little thing there is.

I have 4 SVTs, and 7 other FOX/FOX4s. I think I know enough about them to make the statements I've made. All have been pushed very very hard on the roadrace track, and all have been thru some degree of chassis modification to compensate. I'm also an instructor in a driving school, so I also drive many other kinds of cars very very hard too.

I've also had this quality conversation with both Scarpello and Coletti, they listened and understood.

Nor am I some kid who thinks the one thing he has is the best thing in the planet, with no faults at all. Since you'll be priced out of the next Cobra, or your mommy will have thrown you out by then, so this won't be an issue for you much longer.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I have 4 SVTs, and 7 other FOX/FOX4s. I think I know enough about them to make the statements I've made. All have been pushed very very hard on the roadrace track, and all have been thru some degree of chassis modification to compensate. I'm also an instructor in a driving school, so I also drive many other kinds of cars very very hard too.

I've also had this quality conversation with both Scarpello and Coletti, they listened and understood.

Nor am I some kid who thinks the one thing he has is the best thing in the planet, with no faults at all. Since you'll be priced out of the next Cobra, or your mommy will have thrown you out by then, so this won't be an issue for you much longer.

You claim you push your vehicles to their limits, yet BITCH about their quality. Shut up and quit your whining.

With 70 grand a year at 19, I'm not worried about mommy kicking me out :rollseyes Well all I can say is that you are a whiney little bitch who has no ****ing mechanical clue of what you are talking about.

Stick to driving, the people who actually work on their cars will do so and realize that breaking minor things is part of the game. Most any car will need chassis modification on a road track to make it better, DUH! That's why there is an aftermarket! For a 35,xxx car, I sure as hell HOPE you didn't think your cobra was going to be a viper killer on the road course.

AGAIN, YOU ARE DILLUSIONAL. But than again, you are older, so you must be better :rolleyes: .

This is you :cryying: :cryying: :cryying: :cryying: NOW STOP YOUR BITCHING, and BUY AN 80,xxx Viper if you want a stiff chassis, BUT I GAURENTEE YOU THAT THERE IS GOING TO BE JUST AS MANY PROBLEMS.

Last edited:

dtd01svt

Established Member
jwfisher: Your just a real D(CK!!!! Your one of those a$$holes that has a smart comment for everything. You deserve a :kaboom:

Have a nice day!!!!:loser:

bkoe

Established Member
jwfisher... your posts are very unproductive (and not the least bit useful)
isn't there a nice "honda s2k" forum you could post on instead?

what are you thinking posting this on a SVT Enthusiast website?
your wasting all of our time.

JamesPhipps

jwfisher ,Since you live with mama then you should be able to afford a exotic and go give them a piece of your mind to rich men and leave this website THIS THREAD IS ABOUT SVT BEING ELIMINATED!!!!!!

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
Originally posted by WDW MKR
How did this turn into a bitch-fest? If some of you don't like your cars... sell them and move on!! A lot of us wouldn't trade ours for the world. If you had problems with your Cobra, my condolences. I'm just tired of the disgruntled minority doing most of the talking on here. My car doesn't overheat. My suspension is fantastic. My motor runs like a raped ape. I beat the piss outta the car and it begs for more. I'll agree that the quality control on these cars was hit'n'miss. However, don't expect to get a BMW for $35k. And if you honestly think that the beloved 'Vettes, Beamers, and Exotics don't have constant problems... you need to open your eyes. I guess we don't hear about them as much b/c their buyers spend more time on things other than bitching about every miniscule car problem they've had. How 'bout we start a seperate forum for the so-called "huge list" of problems? Anyone who wants to spew their discontent onto others can do so w/out bothering those of us who use this forum for something other than complaining.

As for SVT, I'd hate to see it go. On the other hand, if it does go away, that's one more shocking similarity to the Turbo Regals that I feel our Cobras resemble. Value will go up if SVT is dead. It certainly won't happen instantly, but it will happen. If you don't agree, then you're entitled to your opinion. I watched the market change throughout the ownership of my GN, a car of which they made many more than our Cobras; a car that had an even worse case of public mechanical problem heresay. I couldn't count the times people informed me that my car was a time-bomb, and that their buddy's uncle's sister's doctor's son's car had chewed up 16 turbos and 31 transmissions. Guess my 118k mile, unopened, 11sec daily driver car must've been blessed by God himself.

Could not have said it better...:beer:

ghostrydyr

Established Member
Wow!

Since you'll be priced out of the next Cobra, or your mommy will have thrown you out by then, so this won't be an issue for you much longer.

I sure hope your not this bad in person. You must get your ass kicked A LOT!!

I hope SVT stays afloat and lift the bar higher and higher for Chevy and everyone else to beat.

You make a lot of power, you'll start breaking stuff.

numbaonestunna

Established Member
almost true...

Originally posted by idareu
Lets say you use 20 gallons a week. Right now gas prices are .40 more than when the bush tax cut of $300 was issued.

20 gallons x .40 increase X 52 weeks= $416 more in gas a year!

This is going to cost the middle class the most. These are the main buyers of muscle cars. Starting to make sense yet??????

Except not that many people are driving 20 gallons (17 miles) * 52 weeks = 17,680 miles per year in their cobra!

If middle class owners are buying muscle cars as their daily driver, it's their own fault.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Re: almost true...

Originally posted by numbaonestunna
Except not that many people are driving 20 gallons (17 miles) * 52 weeks = 17,680 miles per year in their cobra!

If middle class owners are buying muscle cars as their daily driver, it's their own fault.

I'm no middle class owner, but I use mine as a daily driver anyway. If you have discipline, you can get great mileage on these things. If you're going WOT all the time it gets old real quick.

Commuting and consolidation of trips to the store (HINT HINT) will do wonders to your pocketbook.

That aside, why is everyone so worried? Is it because they have to have the latest and greatest machines? I mean if you already own one, why do you care whether SVT goes away? You've got one. Could it be that yours is a toy waiting to be traded in? One you really could care less of if it's gone?

I'm confused. :??:

Almo

Established Member
Coletti did do a good job in getting the base car back on track for '94 but the car has fallen enormously behind in quality after that. It's simply shockingly bad.

And I don't feel that he was successful in his SVE role... the more the SVT Cobra has differed from the base car, the more issues have arisen.

A lot of the quality problems I've experienced in my 4 SVTs (94, 96, 99, and now an 03) are inherited from the base car... but some of the worst issues are not.

A simple rundown:
94: unique front suspension bushings failed, unique SVT-only seat frame (magnesium) broke.
96: cooling issues & POS tranny (granted, the tranny was inherited from the base car, but SVE knew where they could get a better tranny and didn't).
99: production issues to blame for HP issues, cooling stil lnot right, numerous issues with the IRS including bushing wear after 20k miles
03: where do I start on the huge list?

I'm extremely unhappy with SVE... and I don't want to see another Cobra from them until the car is absolutely bulletproof. I don't give a hoot if it makes the magic 450 or 500 HP number... if it can't do so reliably, if it can't maintain suspension integrity for 50k miles, and if it can't run cool in *any* continental US climate. The current one won't do any of those things, much less if you exercise it on a racetrack once in a while.

And I'd like to see some real engineering instead of cheating with a supercharger.

:dw: Geez... Go buy a Cadillac then!!! :rolleyes:

Cheating, mild displacement with new'ER advanced technology. You're still stuck in the 80's huh?

One other thing, mild mods and 03/04 Cobra's are in the 11's with stock pullies. 429 from yesterday or 281 (SC'ed) 450 RWHP? Give me the 4.6 and that will make me happy.

Last edited:

MYSTCHRM

Established Member
I cannot tell you how glad I am that the last few posts were about the subject and not about complaining of I own this and you are that. I'm not standing on a box here, but if you are an adult, lets do away with the crap.

PlatinumCobra - I think the reason why I am disappointed about not having an 07 is that we have seen our Cobra's always become the underdog when compared to other cars. Finally we have a car that is priced under the Corvette and Viper and we can compete (maybe not so much with the Viper). With few modifications we're even competing with Z06's. So the idea of the next Cobra coming out that would beat a Z06 and have hp nubmers like a Viper, it is just exciting.

I have my 04 and am very happy with it. I plan on keeping it, but I want to see the SVT Cobra continue and I want it to compete. I want to see how far SVT can go. Unfortunately it boils down to profit margin and sales numbers but that is just a fact of automotive life.

Another reason why I don't want to see SVT go is that I have pride in the product I've bought and I'd like to see SVT continue its legacy. Some of you have not had a good experience with SVT and you undoubtably have a right to voice it, but I have had a positive experience so far and so have many others that are part of the club I'm in. And if it weren't for so many of the positive things told to me, I wouldn't have spent the money on a Cobra.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by 809
PlatinumCobra - I think the reason why I am disappointed about not having an 07 is that we have seen our Cobra's always become the underdog when compared to other cars. Finally we have a car that is priced under the Corvette and Viper and we can compete (maybe not so much with the Viper). With few modifications we're even competing with Z06's. So the idea of the next Cobra coming out that would beat a Z06 and have hp nubmers like a Viper, it is just exciting.

Rest assured, I'm not saying that I'm happy about SVT going down, I'm merely stating that this market will always have a provider.

Sure, the Ford SVT may not have the name, but it will have the go-go-juice. All I was commenting on is that somewhere, somehow, our desires will be fulfilled by Ford. They have to or there will be riots in the streets.

Hope that makes sense. :beer:

MYSTCHRM

Established Member
Makes perfect sense. JMHO, but I think we'll see Ford continue to make the Cobra. The market is big enough to have the V6 (I wish they would just call it the LX), GT, Mach 1, AND a Cobra. I think without SVT behind it (or any other team/group in Ford) that you won't see the major jumps in performance we're used to now.

Often members of our club talk about how jaded we've become since the Terminator came to be. I guess we're just just a bunch of hp junkies.

4.6modular

The Learning SVT Poster
Established Member
Why is it that threads such as this turn into a slug fest? My thought is that if this is true that it will only be temperary and brought back later as a more refined performance vehicle with such things as build quality being drastically improved and suspension. I think Ford will engineer the hell out of the next SVT-Cobra or whatever it will be called thus increasing the selling price to 30 large if not higher. I think the 03/04 Cobras as decent as they are where rushed into production with alot of things just thrown together and overlooked to get it on the market quickly for the 03 model year. They couldn't change too many things on the 04 model because that would make the 03 model look like it was sub-par. Other then the heavy iron block I think the motor on the 03/04 Cobra is the best American motor offered currently. You've got a hand built 10-12,000 dollar motor surrounded by an outdated and under engineered chassis. And they knew that they were coming out with a completely different chassis for 05. If this does happen then imports will be running rampant and keep increasing. I'm not as financially blessed as some so as of now a Corvette C6 is out of the question if Ford either shelves or trashes the Cobra. I do feel blessed to own a Cobra though and appreciate it for what it is. IMO its the best bang for the buck in V-8 performance. Granted the economy isn't bad but it could be better. So between that, gas prices , and Mach1s selling better then forcasted and over forcasted production of the Cobras with numerous brand new Cobras sitting on dealer lots taking up space I'm sure Ford is losing money on the Cobra line. Continuation of any model of vehicle is usually based on numbers sold. And if that forecasted magical number isn't met or surpassed for X amount of years then generally a car compony will discontinue that model. **WARNING** what you just read is my opinion and not meant to ruffle any feathers. Take it for what you want. Have a good evening ladies and gentlman.

4.6modular

The Learning SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by 809
I cannot tell you how glad I am that the last few posts were about the subject and not about complaining of I own this and you are that. I'm not standing on a box here, but if you are an adult, lets do away with the crap.

I have my 04 and am very happy with it. I plan on keeping it, but I want to see the SVT Cobra continue and I want it to compete. I want to see how far SVT can go. Unfortunately it boils down to profit margin and sales numbers but that is just a fact of automotive life.

Well said. My sentiments exactly.

Another reason why I don't want to see SVT go is that I have pride in the product I've bought and I'd like to see SVT continue its legacy. Some of you have not had a good experience with SVT and you undoubtably have a right to voice it, but I have had a positive experience so far and so have many others that are part of the club I'm in. And if it weren't for so many of the positive things told to me, I wouldn't have spent the money on a Cobra.
:rockon: :rockon:

HIErPwRd

Established Member
ok a couple cold ones go out to:

4.6Modular

and...
jwfisher...

(non alchoholic odouls or the darkest lager known to man, your call)

:beer:

aside from a couple low blows served to other respectable members here, this dude offered quite a bit of insight into this thread...
anyone find themselves halfway teary eyed thinking about the departure of SVT???
im sure once it sinks in (if it is in fact true) im sure thats where end up....

but for reals "cant we all just get along???
sucks to see low blows being thrown back and forth..if its gotta be like that, take it2smackdown!!!
**bell sounds***
***dingdingdingding**

:bash:

btw: anybody else know more about this??
QUOTE]Originally posted by 03DOHC
That explains why some people had GT e-brake handles and regular Mustang side mirrors and GT body work. [/QUOTE]

wow..

guess i hadnt heard of this happening...
base model mirriors???

so each cobra has a hand crafted engine, but was made on Ford's general assembly line???

not to get too far off topic, but read somewhere that 96-99 cobra intake manifolds were designed by the same company that designs for Ferrarri??

hmmm...
lot to think about..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread