SVT NOS!

BLACKBANDIT2

Established Member
:burn: Well, my kit goes on wednesday and im curios about the kind of horsepower i will have, i am also curious on the speed of the car. I have as follows... AEM CAI, Magnaflow high flow cat, Magnaflow high flow full exhaust, Pulley kit, exhaust cam gear with advanced timing, ( front and rear strut braces but who cares im curious about speed ), and of course a 75HP shot of nitrous from ZEX. Its a wet kit...bottle heater and pressure gauge included. Im calculating about 280 HP to be safe...5 for the CAI, 12 for the full exhaust and the free flow cat, 3 for the pully kit, 15 for the advanced timing from the cam gear, and of course 75 for the NOS. My Trans Am ran a 13.7, WS6 ram air 6 speed, it weighed 3750lbs. With 280HP, shouldnt I spank that car??? The Focu weighs about 2750lbs. Let me know what you think??? Thanks...ADAM

NastyWS6

Established Member
what year was your WS6 ? the 280 hp sounds low ? You should be able to run with it, not sure about spanking it, it all would depend on traction.

BLACKBANDIT2

Established Member
My WS6

My Trans am was a 99 WS6 with a couple of very minor mods...exhaust, air filter, B and M ripper short throw and thats about it. It was black with hurst gold stripes and i ran a 13.7 at Englishtown. I thought that I was figurin onm the low side with 280. My ultimate goal is 300. I figure that with 300HP, and the seats out, and a few lightening tips, I should be mid 13's. With the way my SVT handles with the strut braces and it runnin 13's, Id say that I would be finished and very happy with it. Oh and heres a little tip for all SVT Focus owners...Paint the grille, INCLUDING THE PARKING LIGHTS in front. I have a black SVT and painted it at my Dads body shop. Its amazing. What a difference! I would paint it body color whether it sblue, red, or especially silver. Paint right over the lights.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Stock that car was putting out an underrated 320bhp, with your mods it probably brought it up to about 340ish. So to the wheels you would have had ~318-325RWHP through a 6speed and 305-312-317RWHP through an Auto. I have seen many of them with the mods you listed run 13.2's all day long but it takes perfect conditions and a kick ass driver behind the wheel to do it.

Considering the ~1000lb weight difference I think your focus would probably beat it by about a half a car length or so when on the N2O.

rpwsrw

Established Member
blackbandit - do you have any pictures of this painting that you are talking about? i also have a black svt focus. let me know.

thanks.
robb

BLACKBANDIT2

Established Member
its a nice set up...I have the grille painted and the side markers clear with blue bulbs, and have blue bulbs in the head and foglights

svo_dave

Established Member
You'll be lucky to run low 14's with your new setup, cause of traction issues. You won't hook up for shit

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by I-R-BABOON
Nasty he is talking about 280 hp in his focus I still think you shouldnt have sold the T/A but you already know that

OH, well that one wasn't all to clear to me with how it was worded. I guess I did not read it closely enough.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
As far as I know ALL ZEX kits are dry NOT wet......

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
I'm not sure how long its been out (or if its for limited applications) but ZEX now offers a wet kit as well. I haven't heard much about it, though. Just saw it in passing when I was looking to go on the bottle.

Good luck w/ the project, Bandit. And, yeah, post pics of the grill when you get a chance. Sounds like a nice look.

BLACKBANDIT2

Established Member
Yea its a wet kit, I just got everything installed but the computer cause it had a problem...They just sent it back and itll be in by Mon. ill keep you guys posted.

Users who are viewing this thread